News:

Precision Simulator update 10.175 (29 May 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

My newly created Streamdeck XL profile for PSX

Started by Swiso, Tue, 14 May 2024 15:58

Swiso

Hello,
Here is my newly created Streamdeck XL profile for PSX

Pay attention to :

-Navigraph, BACARS, PSX NET, PSX ATC, and SimBrief:  all you need to do is locate the EXE file of those applications (if you have them) and set it on the relative key.

-PSX, WidePSX and FiFli: on my profile they all works if their icons are placed on the 5th, 6th and 7th position of the task bar.
Follow the brilliant instructions of brian747 in post #14 of this link :https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php/topic,5778.0.html and eventually adapt the "Win + X" value to adapt to your situation.

-CDU: before using the CDU keys, you need to activate the relative CDU unit by selecting which one you want to use. (..and remember to deactivate it after use..)

At the moment there is NO feedback (?) as to when a button is pressed and eventually a bulb or indication appear in PSX, or like the Flaps lever moving up or down. In this Streamdeck profile you will NOT get any "confirmation" or indication as in PSX.

My PSX profile

It is what it is..but I hope you like it. 8)
Thanks for any eventual feedback.
AA

Will

Good job! The art on the buttons is pretty good. Did you make them all yourself?

I use a StreamDeck too, but my buttons aren't as good, just color-coded squares with labels.

My approach has been a bit different, but it essentially achieves much the same purpose. I don't want to spend much time looking at the StreamDeck; I'd rather not look at it at all. So I tried to arrange the buttons so that I can get around by feel. For example, the 9 buttons in the top left corner are for the layouts, and with all of them grouped like that, I can find my way to the layout button I want by touch. And the MCP buttons I use the most are on Page 1, with buttons used less frequently on other pages.

I don't use StreamDeck to open other files or web pages, so seeing that is pretty neat.

Thanks for sharing!
Will /Chicago /USA

Swiso

Quote from: Will on Wed, 15 May 2024 02:36Good job! The art on the buttons is pretty good. Did you make them all yourself?

I use a StreamDeck too, but my buttons aren't as good, just color-coded squares with labels.

My approach has been a bit different, but it essentially achieves much the same purpose. I don't want to spend much time looking at the StreamDeck; I'd rather not look at it at all. So I tried to arrange the buttons so that I can get around by feel. For example, the 9 buttons in the top left corner are for the layouts, and with all of them grouped like that, I can find my way to the layout button I want by touch. And the MCP buttons I use the most are on Page 1, with buttons used less frequently on other pages.

I don't use StreamDeck to open other files or web pages, so seeing that is pretty neat.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Will, thanks for the feedback !

The art on the buttons are a result of some Google search and a lot of print screen in PSX.  :)
Brian747 was surely an inspiration for this !

I see what you mean about keys layout, and it might be a good idea.... I might have a look at modify my profile in this regard.

I just thought of setting it up working from the top (main programs and useful websites) moving down to the different parts of the plane.

For the MCP right now I use a StreamDeck +, the one with 4 dials, but I am not extremely happy with it... the dials are not very sensitive and depending on how you turn them, often there there is no input change.
I have noticed that only when you turn the  dials veery sloowly the input is sent to PSX.
I might look at VRI MCP for the MCP panel...

Thanks for the feedback.
Regards
AA

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Any chance to post a photo of the complete thing (just the StreamDeck) with the icons?

Swiso

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Wed, 15 May 2024 05:52Any chance to post a photo of the complete thing (just the StreamDeck) with the icons?

Sure !
Just I don't know how to post pictures here...
I tried both the "image" and "link" options but wasn't able to do it... :-[

EDIT: Found it how to post pictures !

Swiso

Here the (updated) pics:

The Main page:

"PSX" folder:

"System" folder:

"Ground & Flight Controls" folder:

"MCP" folder *UPDATED*:

"MCP Dials" folder:

"EFIS" folder:

"EICAS" folder:

"CDU" folder *UPDATED*:

"CDU Keys" folder *UPDATED*:

"Comms" folder:

"Clock" folder:

B747-400

Wow, I do not have Streamdeck, but your layouts are very logic and clear to me!!
Great job, AA!  8)

BR Hans

Swiso

:'(
I have found a couple of little problems..
BANK R and BANK L should be better off with CMD R and CMD L instead, and with the "Activate CDU C"..
I forgot to add the command, and since it is a sequence, I don't know how to add it.
Hardy, is there any shortcut to that command ?
-hold Shift and Ctrl key simultaneously, then release the Shift key and then the Ctrl key.

If not, then this button can be deleted.

I will update the profile to address this problems.

Profile updated.

Swiso

Quote from: B747-400 on Wed, 15 May 2024 13:17Wow, I do not have Streamdeck, but your layouts are very logic and clear to me!!
Great job, AA!  8)

BR Hans
Thanks Hans !  8)

The nice thing about StreamDeck is that you can organize the device the way you want and its pretty easy.
Like.. one page specific for TO...one for cruise... or like I did, by device..
I like it.

B747-400

Absolutely!
Whenever I need additional functions in my sim, for sure I will go the Streamdeck route!

garys

Thanks for sharing. To use your profile do you need the original PSX.NET.Streamdeck - V0.0.0.0.0.1 download?

Swiso

Quote from: garys on Thu, 16 May 2024 18:57Thanks for sharing. To use your profile do you need the original PSX.NET.Streamdeck - V0.0.0.0.0.1 download?

Hi,
No just import my profile on Streamdeck program.

Let me know how it work.