News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

'NG FMC and more" not recognized

Started by rgsnnibs, Fri, 22 Dec 2023 01:01

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: rgsnnibs on Fri, 22 Dec 2023 13:28Yes I have but it is cdu1c without the dash. I put the dash in but still no good.
Do not change it!

So you dont have the cdu_ jpg files. These are generated by the license file. I guess PSX cannot open the license file. Could you check Hans's tip?

B747-400

Quote from: rgsnnibs on Fri, 22 Dec 2023 13:31In NextGenFmc.license properties it says Opens with Windows Explorer it that OK?

This entry tells your system which program should open a file type .license upon double click. Don't change it.

Hardy Heinlin

Maybe the Explorer selection will block the PSX access.

B747-400

Should not.
I changed it to Visual Studio Code for testing purpose few moments ago, PSX working fine!

rgsnnibs

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Fri, 22 Dec 2023 13:41Do not change it!

So you dont have the cdu_ jpg files. These are generated by the license file. I guess PSX cannot open the license file. Could you check Hans's tip?
I have cdu1 and cdu1c files

rgsnnibs

I am going to bed chaps way past my bedtime!!!!
Contact you on the morrow and thank for your time.
Kind regards
Richard

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: rgsnnibs on Fri, 22 Dec 2023 13:54I have cdu1 and cdu1c files
These are for CRT CDUs. The dash files are for LCD CDUs. Youll get them when PSX can access the license file. Could you check if the file is blocked?

rgsnnibs

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Fri, 22 Dec 2023 14:01These are for CRT CDUs. The dash files are for LCD CDUs. Youll get them when PSX can access the license file. Could you check if the file is blocked?

I do not know how to do that.
I think I might just leave it at that and just carry on enjoying PSX 10.172. :)  :)
Thank you for your time and may you have a Happy Christmas.
Kind regards
Richard

B747-400

Richard, see here

Now going to bed here. Happy Christmas

rgsnnibs

I received an email from a kind gentleman from the company that I bought the NG FMC and more while he was on holiday and he returned to find my email for help and this is what he said: 

"I poked around with PSX and the license file this morning and might be able to solve the problem.
Place the NextGenFmc.license.zip file in your extras folder.
In windows explorer make sure you have the tick next to "file name extensions" in the view tab selected.
Right click the name of the file and remove the .zip from the end of the file. It will then be named NextGenFmc.license
Restart your psx and check in about and it should now be green.
Please let me know how you go".

Regards,
Paul Starr
IT Manager
Hy-Way Truck Accessories Pty Ltd
ABN: 29 002 929 660
45 Governor Macquarie Drive, Chipping Norton NSW 2170

And to my surprise the Jolly trick worked and I am now a HAPPY 81yo child!!!!!
A VERY kind and helpful chap. I could not thank him enough.

Kind regards
Richard

PanosI

Quote from: rgsnnibs on Wed,  7 Feb 2024 00:25I received an email from a kind gentleman from the company that I bought the NG FMC and more while he was on holiday and he returned to find my email for help and this is what he said: 

"I poked around with PSX and the license file this morning and might be able to solve the problem.
Place the NextGenFmc.license.zip file in your extras folder.
In windows explorer make sure you have the tick next to "file name extensions" in the view tab selected.
Right click the name of the file and remove the .zip from the end of the file. It will then be named NextGenFmc.license
Restart your psx and check in about and it should now be green.
Please let me know how you go".

Regards,
Paul Starr
IT Manager
Hy-Way Truck Accessories Pty Ltd
ABN: 29 002 929 660
45 Governor Macquarie Drive, Chipping Norton NSW 2170

And to my surprise the Jolly trick worked and I am now a HAPPY 81yo child!!!!!
A VERY kind and helpful chap. I could not thank him enough.

Kind regards
Richard

I can imagine your relief and joy after so long. Good flights.