News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

MSFS SU10 breaks WidePSX and PSXonMCP2

Started by brian747, Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:42

brian747

Unless it's a huge timing coincidence, Microsobo's latest SU 10 (a.k.a. by some "SUX", for reasons I now begin to understand) seems to have broken two add-ons which are both vital for my simming.   

I am using PSX v10.156 with the NG FMC.

WidePSX v2.5.8 appears to connect normally, and will move the puppet aircraft through 3D space, but the wheels no longer retract, and the flaps and lights are also inop.

PSXonMCP2 v0.13 initially appears to connect as usual ("Connected to PSX server!"), and the right screen on the VRI Combo unit briefly shows the "thanks to Hardy!" message — but then both screens become blank and remain so — and the controls have no effect upon PSX.

Has anyone else experienced these problems, or could suggest a fix?       

With thanks,

Brian

(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

joergalv

Brian, I can't confirm this. All normal here with SU10. I use the Salty 748( -8 ugh, but I don't care) model with WidePSX, and all is moving as expected.

PSXonMCP2 works also without issues. As Carl said in the other thread.. very unlikely that MSFS has broken something related to PSXonMCP2.
Have you tried a different situ? If I recall correctly, the VRI display stays blank, when the PSX AC has no external power when engines off.

Regards
Joerg

cavaricooper

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

brian747

Thank you both for your kind replies, which have reassured me considerably.

Moral (and Message To Self): don't jump to conclusions!

So I'll now investigate further, and in more depth.

It's also great to have it confirmed that there are no problems with WidePSX or PSXonMCP2 as a result of SU10. Although what (I ask myself) could break both apps for me at the same time...? Ah well, it's probably just "computers", I suppose. Allied, I fear, to old age on my part.

With sincere thanks again,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

akatham

For the lights and flaps/gear to function in MSFS, the plane in MSFS itself has to have its engines running, either by selecting a runway as starting point, or (as far as i recall) pressing Ctrl-E to get them running.
Did you miss that step?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

I suggest to blame MS anyway. It can very well be not a MSFS update but a Windows update that reset or thightened security on one of the applications that are not signed by some magic key/ring or whatever. Anything using the network or another kind of communication is subject to these product improvements from time to time.

Hoppie

brian747

Thank you, akatham, for the kind suggestion. But, alas, no — the engines were running in both PSX and MSFS.

@Hoppie: "subject to these product improvements".      Oh, quite. Even if with Microsobo they're sometimes of the 'one step forward and two steps back' variety. Not least this one, that apparently benefits from an nVidia update to 517.40 and a Windows 11 update to 22H2 that is still not available to me because (Micro$oft say) "A safeguard hold is currently in place on your device. Details are not available at this time".  <sigh>  Go figure, and all that jazz.     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But we flog on....

Cheers,

Brian

Dirk Schepmann

Quote from: brian747 on Sat, 24 Sep 2022 07:51a Windows 11 update to 22H2 that is still not available to me because (Micro$oft say) "A safeguard hold is currently in place on your device. Details are not available at this time".

It is a very strange development that Micro$oft apparently starts to "think" what it is good for a computer. What sounds like a safeguard feature, can be interpreted in a way that Micro$oft itself is not convinced about the quality and performance of the update.  :P

Imagine that in an airplane: "A safeguard hold is in place for your aircraft. Takeoff not possible at this time."  :)

Although artificial intelligence and DL has lots of potential, I am convinced that one day humanity will come to the conclusion that the human brain is still more sophisticated than artificial intelligence (at least in the majority of people :evilgrin:).