News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM - Smooth PSX to MSFS Scenery Link

Started by Gary Oliver, Sun, 18 Sep 2022 23:49

B747-400

Hi,

It seems, as it depends on the location where to start. If I try to start from LOWW WASM model sets me outside the cockpit. Trying exactly the same from LZIB I'm in the cockpit.

First I set PSX to airport RWY (lets say LOWW / 29) then start MSFS and setup a flight from LOWW / 29 as well.

Perhaps one of you guys can try this to validate if it's WASM or my setup.

THX & cheers
Hans

Robert Staudinger

Hi Hans,

I know it does not belong to this topic, but what happened to your website?
Is it down by purpose or just some internet problem?

Servus Robert (LOWW)

Gary Oliver

I always set my MSFS startup airport to KEB and then the WASM module will do a slew and a reload of scenery on first connection and don't tend to have any issues.

Could you try this?

Cheers
G

Peter Lang

Hi Hans,

I never experienced an "outside view" at MSFS start. Only the typical phenomena like orbiting, sinking or acrobatics in the hangar.

The last tests I made in EDDF. Sometimes the a/c starts on water or somewhere else, but as soon as the router is connected, the a/c is where it is supposed to be.

Peter

B747-400

Quote from: Robert Staudinger on Thu,  6 Oct 2022 17:27... but what happened to your website?
Servus Robert (LOWW)

Hi Robert,

thx for notifying! But yep, my site is down on purpose.
Lack of time to keep the site up to date frequently is the main reason!

I switched over to facebook, and published lot of my well known pictures there. I also uploaded some new ones, showing my sim to date. B747Sim

Servus Hans

B747-400

Gary, Peter

thanks for you inputs!

I did some testing: same "outside" effect happens in KEB. Why it does not in LZIB ... no idea.

But the reason seem to be the order, in which you start MSFS, router and client.

Here are two different scenarios / starting order and results:

Scenario 1 - NOT working:

- Booting PC
- Autostart PSX - situ LOWW 29
- Autostart PSX.NET Router
- Autostart PSX.NET Client
- Autostart MSFS
- World Menu - select LOWW 29
- Click "FLY" button
- Click "READY TO FLY" button --------> (will not appear in Scenario 2!!!!)
- MSFS WASM is in "outside" view

Scenario 2 - working:

- Booting PC
- Autostart PSX - situ LOWW 29
- Autostart MSFS
- World Menu - select LOWW 29
- Click "FLY" button --------> (NO "READY TO FLY" dialog here!!!!)
- MSFS WASM is over water but in cockpit view
- Start PSX.NET Router
- Start PSX.NET Client
- MSFS is repositioned and still in cockpit view

Additional info:

As soon as MSFS quits (on purpose or crash) PSX instantly accelerated its GS, even when standing on apron with GS 0 before.

I think this should be fixed. If MSFS crashes midflight, it should not affect PSX, giving us the chance to continue the flight while restarting MSFS.

Pls ask if you've additional questions!

Cheers
Hans

Bluestar

Quote from: B747-400 on Fri,  7 Oct 2022 11:52Hi Robert,

thx for notifying! But yep, my site is down on purpose.
Lack of time to keep the site up to date frequently is the main reason!

I switched over to facebook, and published lot of my well known pictures there. I also uploaded some new ones, showing my sim to date. B747Sim

Servus Hans

Servus,

I checked out your Facebook page and your sim.  WOW, very nice. 😎
Grace and Peace,

Bode

Peter Lang

Hi Hans,

this is really wierd.

I have a slightly different setup, as I could not install the PSX router on the PSX main PC as this is still a Win7 PC. So I installed the router on an third PC (Win10) which I normally use for work and refer the router PC to the IP of the PSX PC. This setup works for me.

Sequence:
Starting up PCs and run software (sequence does not matter here)

MSFS PC
1. Run PXC client
2. Run MSFS. As the PSX Model seems to be established in MSFS I only choose the departure airport and go.

A/C mostly appears on water.

PSX PC
1. Run PSX

Additional PC
1. Run PSX router

A/C connects and shows PSX position.
Thats it.

I also experienced the GS abnormality. Mainly in the beginning after restart when MSFS crashed

Peter

B747-400

B747-400

Quote from: Peter Lang on Fri,  7 Oct 2022 18:46... I have a slightly different setup, ...

Hi Peter,

thanks for your information!

I'm always intended to configure my PCs to unattended startups. At the moment this is not possible with MSFS ... it's a shame, that there is still no command-line option to start the sim with a predefined .FLT or .PLN.

It's OK, if we have to start MSFS, router and client in a specific order. But we need to know for sure to build a reliable setup!

I'm thinking of writing a script with AHK. The script executes the necessary key-strokes in MSFS to load a predefined .PLN at the time MSFS is starting up.

Let's see, what Gary is replying to my thread.

Cheers
Hans

Gary Oliver

Hans,

There is a hidden option in the MSFS client which will enter the sim and click fly now for you.

Along side manage weather and some other useful things.

At the moment I'm still developing but expect the EFB or Gate finder apps to have the buttons to do this remotely.

I'm looking at the other issues which as I said I don't experience.  I just boot everything up, click a button to move the mouse and off we go flying.

Cheers
G

B747-400

Hi Gary,

thx, sounds great - I assumed, that you do some internal clicks ...  8)

Hopefully my two scenarios are a bit of help for you. I will go for the working scenario 2 for the time being.

Simply let me know, if I should do more testing for you.

Perhaps (again) it has to do with local settings: my Win 10 Pro is the US EN version. Region set to UK, but time-zone is Austria (for correct time setting)

Cheers
Hans

Gary Oliver

Beta 5 will auto update and should fix some stability issues, especially with the GS and falling through the floor.

Robert Staudinger

Hallo Hans,

thx and is it someday possible to visit or fly your setup?

Servus Robert

B747-400

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Sun,  9 Oct 2022 16:23Beta 5 will auto update and should fix some stability issues, especially with the GS and falling through the floor.

THX Gary, reconnecting after MSFS restart midflight without any problems too!!

Cheers
Hans

B747-400

Hallo Robert,

should be possible, once everything is up and running as smooth as I expect it!

Servus
Hans

Robert Staudinger

Hallo Hans,

thx and will wait patiently.

Servus Robert

Aleks

Needed to change regional settings for decimal sign, and restart the PC in order not to end up in space.

Hopefully some upcoming beta will fix this :)

Gary Oliver

Bluestar

Gary,

How long will it be before a PSX/MSFS novice like me will be able to get this up and running?

I'm going to hold off on going to the dark side with MSFS until you give the word.

Grace and Peace,

Bode