News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM - Smooth PSX to MSFS Scenery Link

Started by Gary Oliver, Sun, 18 Sep 2022 23:49

Aleks

Just did my first full flight on Vatsim. I was worried that altitude might not show correctly with the ATC, but it seemed to work just fine.

I struggle with PSX positioning of the gates/stands to correspond with MSFS scenery.
Is there any possibility to send only initial position to PSX from MSFS?

Your work is astounding, Gary. Full modelling of 747 combined with MSFS graphics! And no more worries about FPS in MSFS :)

Gary Oliver

JU108,

I solved this problem another way...

https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php/topic,6864.0.html

This positions accurately on to every single gate in your MSFS without faffing with Slave and Master modes.

Cheers
G

Aleks

Thank you, Gary! GateFinder works perfect.

I see an "option" <PublishTraffic>False</PublishTraffic> in the PSX.NET.MSFS.Client. If I set it to True, will it inject Vatsim traffic?

Also, what are following used for, in the PSX.NET.MSFS.Route? Any relevance for flying on Vatsim?   
<DisableRadioInjection>false</DisableRadioInjection>
<DisableTransponderInjection>false</DisableTransponderInjection>

joergalv

Quote from: Aleks on Fri, 14 Oct 2022 10:36Thank you, Gary! GateFinder works perfect.

I second that! It does, providing the system running it has the region set to UK number format.  ;D
I remain hopeful though.  :)

P.S.: The region setting is only relevant for the systems running the Client and/or GateFinder. The Router doesn't seem to be affected.
P.S.P.S: My MSFS PC is used for other things as well, why I just can't let the region set permanently to UK format.

B747-400

Hi Gary,

did a flight from LOWW to LOWS via LOXZ today. No chance, MSFS freezes up permanently once overhead the mountains right before LOXZ. I tried that multiple times. It freezes a second after reconnecting after MSFS was terminated, restarted/reconnected.

Then, I changed to another aircraft and bridge, restart/reconnected - no problems at all. Flight could be finished.

PSX is not affected - only MSFS.

Cheers
Hans

Aleks

MSFS crashed when using smooth injector and vpilot.

Flytampa EKCH, all setup nicely. Inserted delivery frequency 19.9, and when I switched it to active MSFS froze.

Gary Oliver

Ah ha!!

I bet you guys getting crashes are running MSFS at either unlimited frame rates or more than 30?

I changed some logic which is fine for us running at 30FPS but any more and its probably spamming PSX with too many updates.

I have changed this and will push an update shortly...

B747-400

Uuhh, you got me ... I did not limit the fps ...  :(

Thx for updating - will try this and the fps limittion as well!

Cheers
Hans

Gary Oliver

Definitely my fault - I remember when I wrote the bit of code I said to myself 'I must do this properly later'...

Big update has been pushed which includes a lot of cleaning up Mark kindly did this weekend in preparation for releasing traffic syncing between MSFS instances.

Note: config file for client now moves to a PSX.NET subfolder in my documents and should be automatically update, router will follow later.

Aleks

Gary, correct. I am also running MSFS with unlimited fps.
Does the upcoming update also require limiting the fps?

Gary Oliver

Nope all fixed on the update you will get next time you open it.  Unlimited frame rates now supported

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Mon, 17 Oct 2022 22:11Nope all fixed on the update you will get next time you open it.  Unlimited frame rates now supported

ha ha well, tolerated     :-D

macroflight

The latest update broke everything for me. :)

The aircraft position in MSFS is now always in the initial "middle of the ocean" position, even after starting the router and client. But there is a connection between MSFS and PSX. PSX time, landing lights, etc are propagated to MSFS. And MSFS altitude seems to reach PSX, for the PSX position shifts slightly when I start the client, and PSX says "eighty knots" once.

I've tried deleting the config files, no change. I'm using a single PC and the default port numbers with no router, so the default config should work, right? The order in which I start PSX, MSFS, client and router does not seem to matter.

Example:

- Reboot PC
- Remove router and client config files
- Start PSX and MSFS
- In PSX, load "Basic 004 - Cleared for takeoff.situ"
- MSFS: World Map > PSX.NET aircraft, departure airport KEB, Fly
- Wait for MSFS to be ready, then click Ready To Fly
- Start router. It seems to be connected to PSX, the Main Server and Boost Server counters are ticking up
- Start client. I get an "eighty knots" message from PSX, and the PSX position seems to shift a little (VSI needle moves). But the MSFS position is still in the middle of the ocean
- The router now shows "Primary MSFS:ASTIS" and "Elevation: 0.11m" (the number varies but is never more than 0.5m)
- The client "UserObject Link" and "MSFS Link" indicators are green, the "SimObject Link" indicator is grey. "Status: Idle", "SimObjects: 0, router messages: 0"
- If I change the PSX "Simulated UTC daytime" slider, the time in MSFS changes (at least the sun moves)
- If I turn on/off the landing lights, that is seen in MSFS
- If I do a takeoff "blind", PSX seems to work normally

Aleks

Same as Macroflight, PSX places aircraft below the surface, which shows as water.
For me "SimObject Link disabled" is showing and is in grey.

Noticed that client config does not contain anymore the IP adress, but perhaps it has no impact.

Tried to revert regional settings to Norway (i.e. ",") just to check if it is of any relevance, which it was not. However, it stays in water vs. space which it did before with "," :)

Gary Oliver

Apologies, it seems I must have missed something in last nights testing.  Got a meeting this morning then I'll get this sorted.

The down side of auto updates :(

Gary Oliver

Please redownload the WASM Module (noting the different name from before) and copy to your Community folder to regain functionality.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3muaczmxdi6wje/WASM%20package%20for%20MSFS.zip?dl=1

Sorry again.  I will make the updates optional next time!

akatham

Using the latest WASM module (the zip file contains the plane in a nested folder, "Wasm package for MSFS" \ "PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM" so MSFS only recognizes the plane if you put the psx.net.msfs.wasm directly into the community folder) the plane spawns upside down, halfway submerged so that the cockpit is under ground.

macroflight

Quote from: akatham on Tue, 18 Oct 2022 14:35Using the latest WASM module (the zip file contains the plane in a nested folder, "Wasm package for MSFS" \ "PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM" so MSFS only recognizes the plane if you put the psx.net.msfs.wasm directly into the community folder) the plane spawns upside down, halfway submerged so that the cockpit is under ground.

I got the same result (and I just sent a more detailed report directly to Gary).

It doesn't even help to start with PSX airborne, then the MSFS position and heading is set correctly, but the altitude is wrong, and the MSFS plane is not under control of PSX, it just continues along some random path until it crashes into the ground or water, then it's stuck there until the client is restarted.

Aleks

By putting the folder named "PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM" into the Community folder, MSFS recognized the PSX plane without problems.

However, spawning at EGLL gave jumping plane, callouts "80" until it settled to this psychodelic view :)

Also, any further changes to PSX' position (from EGLL to ENGM), using Find gate, did not move MSFS. Or at least, the view stayed the same as in the attached picture.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dQ5G9hwUxkgNpTc3A

Gary Oliver

Problem Solved... Please update your WASM Module from the link in the front page and then the new 'any FPS' version will work.  I had compiled an MSFS SU11 version by mistake and released it - which of course works for me but not you guys running SU10.