News:

Precision Simulator update 10.179 (30 September 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

X-Plane 12

Started by Bluestar, Tue, 6 Sep 2022 15:37

Ton van Bochove

QuoteDoing the Departure 001 SYD-LAX no decompression problems experienced, it's been running for the last three hours and all good. I have though deactivated "Extrapolation Active" under X-Plane settings. It will not run with this activated. Although Weather is activated nothing is injected.....

Wardi, any progress on this issue?
Ton

Wardie

Ton, apologies for taking so long to report back, that flight ended with fatal damage as usual...... I ran that particular flight again last night with XP12 with the latest update. It was running fine when I went to bed, I left it running overnight only to find "fatal damage" again this morning. This occurred whilst the aircraft was at FL290. Only malfunction (even though malfunctions are switched off?) was "foreign object damage-2" although this engine was still providing seventy percent power at the time of fatal damage. It also registered "ELT On"....  Wx is still not being injected into XP12. I'm out all day today but tonight I'll run the same flight using FS2020 and see if we get a "Fatal Damage" there too - it might shed some light.... I've used Gary and Mark's "MSFS Smooth Injections Breakthrough - PSX.NET.Internal.WASM" with MSFS2020 - it is brilliant, thanks to both of them!

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Wardie on Sat,  1 Oct 2022 05:50Only malfunction (even though malfunctions are switched off?) was "foreign object damage-2" although this engine was still providing seventy percent power at the time of fatal damage. It also registered "ELT On"...

These are consequences of a collision with terrain. The engine pods crashed against obstacles.

You may also check the plotter on Instructor > Analysis > Profile.

"Foreign object damage" (FOD) was caused by objects that hit the engine during the impact. FOD can damage the engine partially or totally.

Malfunction deactivation will not inhibit pilot induced malfunctions.

Wardie

Thanks for your reply Hardy, I just completed the SYD-LAX flight in realtime (14 hours) and PSX using MSFS2020 were fine, no problems, no fatal damage.....

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Can you deactivate the injection of (scenery) ground elevation to PSX? I suspect that a glitch in the link between X-Plane and PSX pops up an instant mountain at the PSX position. It may be very brief, but enough for PSX to decide it flew into cumulus granitus.

If the elevation injection is required for takeoff, just switch it off after takeoff.

Ton van Bochove

I hope this ground collision issue will be fixed in an update. But the weather is an Xview issue which is unsupported so I am afraid that X-Plane users must to stick to XP11
Ton

Wardie

Reading through the X-Plane 12 forum I wonder whether the problem may be with the Xview Plugin ? Lots of talk about how plugins that worked well in XP10 and XP11 are now being "code checked" and blocked by XP12. I don't quite understand it all but just wondered......

Ton van Bochove

Xview does work: PSX is connected with XP12. Are there any messages on the weather plugins or are the remarks in general
Ton

Wardie

Ton, it's just remarks in general... I'm open for correction but I don't think any third party weather program works as yet in X-Plane 12.....

Ton van Bochove

Wardie, we will see what Xp12 brings us when it is ready
Ton

Takayoshi Sasano

Just experienced the fatal crash myself (in PSX).

Software in use:
X-Plane 12.00b14 (build 120051 Intel 64-bit, Vulkan 09d06b971b24fa28bb1a56e46d77ad88704273af)

XView from this link:
Quote from: Swiso on Fri,  9 Sep 2022 21:54https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u7pltch57uoicak/AABvYnfLUvMMh5ZOPg-hQR8aa?dl=0

I couldn't get the aircraft showing up in XP 12, so I tried the
Sparky 744, release 3.0a1

Lights seem to work, but as in XP 11 the airplane is floating 4ft above ground and after a while (somewhat 90 minutes if I remember correctly) I was greeted by the nasty red message.

Looking forward a lot to using PSX + XView + XP12 in a working combination, it already does many things better for me than MSFS.

Cheers

Yoshi

Ton van Bochove

QuoteLooking forward a lot to using PSX + XView + XP12 in a working combination, it already does many things better for me than MSFS.

In the meantime XP 11 is working flawlessly for me. On this moment Steam offers 50% off
Ton

Takayoshi Sasano

Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Fri, 25 Nov 2022 19:24In the meantime XP 11 is working flawlessly for me. On this moment Steam offers 50% off
I pulled the trigger on XP12 a few days ago and got XP11 on top - this is a generous offer by Laminar Research to let you use add ones which are not XP12 compatible yet.
Planned this a few months ago after getting more and more frustrated by MSFS. XP11 works fine for me as well, only that 4ft hovering bit gives me headaches.

Cheers

Yoshi

Ton van Bochove

Quoteonly that 4ft hovering bit gives me headaches.

It is something I don't recognize: mine is sometimes the opposite, half a foot in the ground. Do you use the Xview plane?

Ton

Takayoshi Sasano

Just gave it another shot.
A very short flight worked, could land and taxi to the gate without a mountain jumping at me.

Second flight was a longer one, always expected a crash.
I was right:
https://imgur.com/NsPe7g5

Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Fri, 25 Nov 2022 21:47Do you use the Xview plane?
Not in XP12, I used the Sparky 744.
In XP11 I tried the XView plane, with identical results so far. I'll try that again though since this is the only thing preventing other tools to properly work.

Cheers

Yoshi

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Ha.

We need no METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Reports) for this, but GEO(L)ARs -- to forecast cumulus granitus.

I wonder whether there is a way to stop elevation injection when gear is up, or something? Not forever, but to avoid this obvious bug somewhere in the injection chain.

Hoppie

Hardy Heinlin

Over 54000 feet!

Is this injected nonsense mountain always higher than Mount Everest? I could suppress such injections.

What happens after the crash when you unpause and unfreeze PSX? Will PSX crawl along at that high altitude or is that a "needle mountain" that promptly disappears?

|-|ardy

Takayoshi Sasano

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sun, 27 Nov 2022 08:14Over 54000 feet!
Yes, and out of nowhere! I still wonder where those unknown mountains hide...

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sun, 27 Nov 2022 08:14Is this injected nonsense mountain always higher than Mount Everest?
From my very limited experience they indeed are.

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sun, 27 Nov 2022 08:14What happens after the crash when you unpause and unfreeze PSX? Will PSX crawl along at that high altitude or is that a "needle mountain" that promptly disappears?
I'll create/upload a video later, easier to see what actually happened.
I don't think there's anything weird coming from PSX, otherwise this problem should occour in all scenery generators, right?

Cheers

Yoshi

Takayoshi Sasano

Here we go:
https://youtu.be/fyQ87azO7Wo

It was not Fujisan, I made sure I stayed well clear of that area. There be ghosts.

Cheers

Yoshi

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: Takayoshi Sasano on Sun, 27 Nov 2022 09:02I don't think there's anything weird coming from PSX, otherwise this problem should occour in all scenery generators, right?

In theory, yes. Each generator has its own way to extract the local elevation from its own sim core. The way it then is injected in PSX is standard, but the implementation of this standard may/will vary between generators. So there is enough room for oopsies to keep the problem local to a specific generator.

For example it may be just a small timing mismatch somewhere so that the value isn't updated in time and defaults to MAXINT or whatever. Or it may be a buffer overrun or other memory corruption somewhere that upsets this variable. It can be so many things...

This is why a dumb limiter in PSX may work, although it of course isn't a solution, it's a workaround.

Hoppie