News:

Precision Simulator update 10.179 (30 September 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

X-Plane 12

Started by Bluestar, Tue, 6 Sep 2022 15:37

Bluestar

I read where X-Plane 12 has been released for early access.  Has anyone tried it and if so will it work as a scenery generator for PSX?

Bode
Grace and Peace,

Bode

United744

Quote from: Bluestar on Tue,  6 Sep 2022 15:37
I read where X-Plane 12 has been released for early access.  Has anyone tried it and if so will it work as a scenery generator for PSX?

Bode

I tried the XP11 PSX aircraft and it didn't see the XP 747 model at all. Yet to try XView on its own.

akatham

Quote from: United744 on Tue,  6 Sep 2022 18:03

I tried the XP11 PSX aircraft and it didn't see the XP 747 model at all. Yet to try XView on its own.

You need to convert the model to XP12. What i did was open the .acf in PlaneMaker 11 (ignore the warning about the FMS), save it. Then open it in PlaneMaker 12 and save it again, now X-Plane 12 can use it.

United744

Quote from: akatham on Tue,  6 Sep 2022 22:12
Quote from: United744 on Tue,  6 Sep 2022 18:03

You need to convert the model to XP12. What i did was open the .acf in PlaneMaker 11 (ignore the warning about the FMS), save it. Then open it in PlaneMaker 12 and save it again, now X-Plane 12 can use it.

Thanks!!

United744

The steps above work, and XView appears to be functional!

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: United744 on Tue,  6 Sep 2022 23:29
The steps above work, and XView appears to be functional!

Is there already any experience on the behavior of PSX in X-plane 12.
Ton

Hammerstan

Is anyone able to share the converted XP12 .acf file for XView with the community (dropbox)?

Swiso

Quote from: Hammerstan on Fri,  9 Sep 2022 10:25
Is anyone able to share the converted XP12 .acf file for XView with the community (dropbox)?

There it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u7pltch57uoicak/AABvYnfLUvMMh5ZOPg-hQR8aa?dl=0

Ton van Bochove

Thanks Swiso!

I tried today PSX with X-Plane 12. XView makes the connection between PSX and XP12 but instantly XP12 and PSX both crash.

Debug file opened
Wed Sep 14 17:23:19 2022 Connected to Main server
Wed Sep 14 17:23:19 2022 Connected to Boost server

PSX Version 10.153 NG
33 lexicon lines processed
Wed Sep 14 17:23:19 2022 Injector thread launched

Failed to find dataref editor
Ton

Roddez

Hi Ton,

I am not a PSX->XPlane user, but we have worked with XPlane in the past.

Do you have the XPlane DataRef editor installed?
https://developer.x-plane.com/tools/datarefeditor/

Not sure if this will help at all...

Cheers,

Rod.
Rodney Redwin
YSSY
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Ton van Bochove

Hi Rod,

Thanks for the heads up but it did not work!
Ton

Wardie

I've got it all running perfectly in XP11 and I've set it up identically in XP12 and it does not work. My problem is the PSX Plane..... I tried the converted .acf file (thanks Swiso) but it doesn't work for me either?

Ton van Bochove

QuoteI tried the converted .acf file (thanks Swiso) but it doesn't work for me either?

The converted aircraft is shown in XP 12 and seen on the runway but the inner parts make both sims crash
Ton

Swiso

Just to be sure:

On the PSX Plane folder there are two .ACF files:

747-400.acf   (3.185 KB)
747-400.acf~  (6.885 KB)

The file I put on my Dropbox was the first.
I just put the second one on the Dropbox. (the one who finish with .acf~)
Try with this one.

Wardie

Thanks for the acf files Swiso, I've got it working! I put your two files into PSX Plane folder in X-Plane, I updated my X-View to the 2018 version and before I started the connection (Boost and Main) in the X-View settings under the X-Plane main menu I deactivated all the tick boxes in the preferences sub menu. I then started the Main and Boost connection in X-Plane, established communication, and then selected each item in the preferences one by one. I was not able to tick the "Extrapolation Active" as this caused quite substantial stuttering, and I did not tick "Animate Weather" as when it was ticked it caused strange issues. On startup of X-Plane the following comes up in a box each time - "There were several minor problems loading the aircraft: Aircraft/Laminar Research/PSX Plane/747-400 United.acf You may need to update the airplane or report this to the aircraft's author" It's still early days, but it's working! Thanks for your help!

Ton van Bochove

QuoteOn startup of X-Plane the following comes up in a box each time - "There were several minor problems loading the aircraft: Aircraft/Laminar Research/PSX Plane/747-400 United.acf You may need to update the airplane or report this to the aircraft's author" It's still early days, but it's working! Thanks for your help!

I removed the 747-400 ACF file and than it worked perfectly until after the X-Plane update it crashed again. For my information: the .acf and .acf~ should both be in the aircraft file? In the original XView setup the .acf~ is not included.
Ton

Wardie

I've got both acf files in my aircraft file.....

Ton van Bochove

Thanks Wardie! It works for me now too but it is quite unstable. I did the tutorial flight from Ljubljana to Frankfort at 40.000 feet and ( this is strange) PSX crashed several times while I heard the call 2500 !?
Ton

Wardie

Ton I'll try the Ljubljana to Frankfurt flight in the next day or two and give you feedback but I have to agree, it's not stable at all.....

Ton van Bochove

Curious if you have the same experience
Ton