News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FUEL TANK/ENG

Started by emerydc8, Sun, 19 Apr 2020 02:33

Captain_al

Fuel Pump Switch PRESS lights do indeed get hot, by the time you get to the last couple of pumps the heat buildup in your finger tip has retained enough heat to go "geez that's hot"! It really doesn't matter whether you do 2 pumps at a time or 1 pump at a time, you see it both ways.

The order is important in Tank to Engine with Overrides 2 and 3 FWD and AFT off first before X-Feeds 1 and 4 closed, so you see the message extinguish as stated above and then a quick check of the synoptic to ensure you are tank to engine. Checking the synoptic is also good prior to initiating Tank To Engine to make sure you truly are 2<=1 and 3<=4 , in case of a faulty message.

I usually recommend to students, via technique, doing one pump at a time when configuring the fuel panel because I have seen numerous times in the simulator over the years when crews do 2 at a time, sometimes the pressure of pushing an Alternate Action Switch On with 2 fingers is not equal and one pump can spring back out and not latch, thus one pump is not on, usually caught by the crew when doing Recall with the flow...

Icarus747

I press one button at a time on any system.  As far as turning the pumps off first, it takes the pressure off the valves.
THRUST REF, VNAV SPEED!

Hardy Heinlin

The PNF's fuel panel switching sequence is now modified in PSX 10.106:

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4191.0

|-|ardy

emerydc8

Thanks, Hardy.

Jon