News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

APU air inlet door

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Sun, 8 Apr 2018 02:45

John H Watson

I'm having problems with APU power and I was wondering if the new door logic is responsible.

On 4 occasions, when I've rebooted the sim after a session with the APU power powering the aircraft normally, the sim has booted up with the APU generators tripped off (but APU still running).

Anyone else seeing this?

Cheers
JHW

Hardy Heinlin

Yes, just got it at random after the third reboot.

Restarting the situ (ALT+S) should clear it.

I'll try to fix it ...

Cheers,

|-|ardy

John H Watson

G-CIVA

I have also started seeing this as John has described.
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Hardy Heinlin

I think I fixed it. I can't reproduce it anymore after many reboots.

There was a causal egg-chicken-egg problem in the situ load sequence. The PSEU status at situ start was calculated a fraction of a second before the new gear positions were loaded from the situ file. -- At sim start, before the very first situ is loaded, the gear is up. So in the initial PSEU status calculation the aircraft was geometrically on the ground which was fine, but the PSEU had the initial info that the gear was up. This air mode signal from the PSEU caused the APU GEN fields to go offline which also cleared the AVAIL states.

I just put the gear situ init before the PSEU situ init. It seems to be stable now. The gear system, in return,  depends on PSEU data (gear lock override, nose wheel steering) but these can be calculated on the run shortly after situ loading.

|-|ardy

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Sim has become real aircraft with real trouble... fun     8)

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: G-CIVA on Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:18
I have also started seeing this as John has described.

Fixed now in PSX 10.34:

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4191.0

|-|ardy