News:

Precision Simulator update 10.178 (27 September 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Greetings!

Started by G-CIVA, Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:37

G-CIVA

Hi Guys!

Thought I'd just say hello & that the new project looks really exciting.

I am more than happy to offer assistance in any way I can.

Kind Regards

Steve
Steve Bell
aka The CC

cavaricooper

Steve:

Great to see you here!  Now we just need to get BAV online with PSX asap - a Peggy update ought to take care of that as soon as she's rolled out.  Waiting is the hardest part :)

Carl
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

John H Watson

Steve, perhaps with your connection with BA, you could tell us if there is any truth to the recent news which reported that a ditching announcement was accidentally triggered by the crew on a 744

Can't say I've ever heard of anything like this before.

Regards
JHW

Richard McDonald Woods

Hi Carl!

My understanding is that we shall not need a BAV Pegasus update for PSX.

Pegasus will still solely interface with FSX. The addition of PSX will cause VisualPSX to force FSX to behave as a scenery generator, and Pegasus will not be aware of this.

I hope that I am correct on this.

Cheers, Richard ;)
Cheers, Richard

Garry Richards

Hi Carl,

Quote from: mcdonarMy understanding is that we shall not need a BAV Pegasus update for PSX.

Pegasus will still solely interface with FSX. The addition of PSX will cause VisualPSX to force FSX to behave as a scenery generator, and Pegasus will not be aware of this.

I hope that I am correct on this.
You are correct Richard. VisualPSX will work in the same way as VisualPS1 in that the FSX aircraft will follow PSX's every move. FSX users, applications and online networks are unaware that the FSX aircraft is being controlled externally.

Cheers,
Garry

cavaricooper

I'm sorry...........I ought to have been clearer.  Once PSX is released, I'm optimistic about the possibility of NOT using FS at all............ although, with just a simple a/c model.....FSX's scenery generation would be quite nice and perform without any issues whatsoever........hmmmm.....

;)

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Richard McDonald Woods

Hi Carl,
I will most certainly wish to retain FSX so that I can still use all the wonderful scenery.
Regards, Richard ;)
Cheers, Richard