News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WX radar PAC alert

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Thu, 5 Aug 2010 05:21

John H Watson

That thought crossed my mind, also. I have my doubts, however. The IDU may not allow it to be painted without some frame of reference: e.g. (selected) display mode & range and, perhaps heading (especially on a TRK UP display). This reference data is supplied by the EIU's.

Regards
JHW

John H Watson

Quote from: Delcomas far as I recall it...air/ground logic of WXR is for PWS function and MAP mode enable/inhibit only. I'm planning to shoot weather(WX, WX+T), not terrain (MAP).

Not much information on this, Delcom.

According to the manuals, however, PWS is available on the ground (for the takeoff roll). Having said that, there may not be enough advance warning to abort the takeoff if the radar is turned on automatically (engine rpm logic)
Anyway, we'll leave this for the PWS message thread.

Not sure about the MAP function. There doesn't appear to be any mode/fault messages advising the flight crew that MAP is not active on the ground (and on traditional radars, there was never any problems painting images in (radar) Map mode with the aircraft on the ground.

Rgds.
JHW

Dennis B

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinIs the yellow PAC bar ...

a) drawn in the radar imaging box and then sent through the radar raster bus to the EIUs? (Fuzzy look and inner brightness knob has control.)

b) Or is it generated in the EIUs? (Sharp look and outer brightness knob has control.)

I really don't know if I miss the topic or this is of any help, but the PAC bar in this video looks quite fuzzy: Begin watching at 08:55