News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX BACARS - V4.0.9

Started by Gary Oliver, Tue, 24 Mar 2015 19:44

torrence

Oceanic Clearance seems to work fine with the latest internal fix.

Thanks,
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

GodAtum

Hi Gary, I'm experiencing an odd error. When running PSX and BACARS on a single machine, it all works fine. But when running them separately it does not. BACARS connects OK and the BACARS and SIM lines appear in the CDU. But clicking on them does nothing, only <ACT> appears.

Gary Oliver

V2.2.0 is available here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tovf7tfwkew9614/PSX%20BACARS-V2.2.0.zip?dl=0

The Flight board stuff we added will be available to all users in the future, for example flightboard.simfest.co.uk

Changes :-

V2.2.0   
======
Release Version

V2.1.9
======
Flightboard Updating Added For Simfest Sim
Flightboard Updating Now supports multiple users
Twitch Streaming Remarks Attribute in ACARS class to allow twitch program to pick up Streaming Option
Twitch Streaming Camera attribute in ACARS class to allow camera switching from within the CDU
Minor Changes in the Performance Message format to match the later BA reports

V2.1.8
======
Ensures ACARSINFO.XML updated regulally

V2.1.7
======
-Internal Updates

V2.1.6
======
-ACARS Data Now Reset on First Load
-Fixed Issue where if a PDC has been requested before an oceanic the oceanic will not come through

Gary Oliver

A bit of a major change in this one.

The App now concentrates on doing BACARS only with the rest of the functions taken off to PSX.NET which will no doubt be released fullly shortly.

V3.0.1
======
-More tidying up of playing nicely with other PSX Addons
-Keyboard no longer overrides other addons

V3.0
====
-Removed Features Now Controlled by PSX.NET
-UI Tidy Up
-Now Uses Touchdown Data from PSX
-Added Support for CloudCars V1.0
-Added Support For Flightboard V1.0

V2.2.2
======
-Updated VATSIM ATIS Datafeed URL

V2.2.1
======
-New config Item Disable QS191 (Qi) which stops bacars breaking PSX.NET.Push

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cyn4sp8knh62yg/PSX%20BACARS%20V3.0.1.zip?dl=0

cavaricooper

Egggggggcellent- Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Flex

Great work Gary. Am I right in thinking all I need is the latest version of BACARS? Or do I still need PSXPerf and Topcat? Sorry if it has been mentioned previously.

Cheers,

Felix.

cavaricooper

Gary-

Performance and ATIS/METAR working splendidly (without copying the TOPCAT file over)..... BTW as I sometimes use a CloudCars login... is there actually a record of my atrocious performance anywhere accessible ;)?

Looking forward to Mark's continued arm twisting and a comprehensive PSX.NET en suite :)

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Flex

Regarding the PDC and oceanic clearances I'm able to send out but I don't receive a reply via the CDU, only on the acars log. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Felix

Gary Oliver

Felix,

That is correct.  They just send an ACARS message which I was expected would be replied to via an uplinked message.  This is how the simulated works anyway.  Not sure what happens when you do this with VATSIM.

I will have a play during VATSIM cross the pond this weekend.

Carl,

It all logs to a SQL backend which is hosted in AWS.  I have been meaning to get around to setting up a webpage to show this info.  I'll send you a copy to your email of what it has for you.

Cheers
G

Gary Oliver

Carl,

I cannot see anything in the database from when it was purged around 20th September 2016 in preperation for the V3.0 release.

However Felix looked like he had a nice flight from Heathrow to JFK on the 17th... A most pleasing 155fpm landing bang on VREF at 5 degrees nose up..  Good work! Compared to my 700fpm smashing it into somewhere in Greenland at the end of september...

Cheers
G

Flex

How excellent!

I have played around with it this afternoon with the EGLL controller on VATSIM. I managed to get my PDC across to him but my response never came via BACARS. It only showed up the Hoppies log on the website.

Felix.

Gary Oliver

Did you check the unlinked messages?

Flex

Yeah - I managed to telex other a/c with success but the PDC cdplc only came through on hoppies log - on the website. Not bacars.

cavaricooper

Gary-

Thanks for looking... probably best for all 'round ;)

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Gary Oliver

I see the problem....

I will try and get it fixed tomorrow morning

Flex

Many thanks Gary!

Felix

Gary Oliver

All,

A quick update before world flight....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx1719quljk3d8z/PSX%20BACARS%20V3.0.3.zip?dl=0

Sorry I havn't had chance to finish off the CPDLC stuff.

V3.0.3
======
-Updated In Time to Come From Engine Shutdown not doors opening
-Updates to Flight Board for World Flight

V3.0.2
======
-Added Sesma Events on Print out (not in CloudCars)
   -Monitors, Gear, Flaps, Vref at 2000ft,1500ft or 1000ft gates in line with stable approach criteria

cavaricooper

Much appreciated Gary!  Really looking forward to WF and Peter shepherding us ducklings around....

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Gary Oliver

Another small update following some testing with QF25...

V3.0.4 here :- https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaj96crgwthogie/PSX%20BACARS%20V3.0.4.zip?dl=0

V3.0.4
======
-Now Uses FMC FltNumber for any communication with Hoppies ACARS which is your ATC callsign and not the actual BA flight number
-PDC should now work properly when online
-Oceanic Clearence page no longer shows BA even when using another airline

Markus Vitzethum

Hi Gary,

very nice. I'm just taking my first steps with BACARS so please excuse when I ask funny questions.  :) Just two quick ones.
- I am happy to have a hoppie ACARS connection. But can I wonder if I can configure it such that it reports to a different ground station, that is other than BAW (say e.g. STV-OPS)?
- okay one "funny" question ... are there more details available on Cloudcars? I wonder because I have a maybe similar, still unpublished, work (an Xacars-compatible PSX client) and I wonder there is overlap here and how much effort I should spent to finish it.

Thanks,
  Markus