News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Banded Circuit Breakers

Started by Will, Mon, 11 Jan 2010 06:07

James Lacey

Thanks!

(I changed it a Rickenbacker but the damn thing is huge)

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: James LaceyThanks!

(I changed it a Rickenbacker but the damn thing is huge)

Try the Townshend method, then it gets smaller.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

James Lacey

:D  :D

Don't get me started on Townshend, I will bore you senseless. One of my biggest musical influences and I got to meet him when The Who (or The Two as they are these days) toured Oz last year.

I should have taken this to the Pit..

Hoppie - thanks! As always you come up with a solution  ;)

Hardy Heinlin

The size is not quite perfect. It should be 150, not 151.

Matt Sheil

Quote from: James LaceyIt looks magnificent - at WF09 I was almost tempted to attach electrodes to various parts of Matt's anatomy in an effort to obtain further top secret information about PSX  ;)

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinThe size is not quite perfect. It should be 150, not 151.
Hah. Even 151 (if it was that) was stupid coincidence. The tool I used first resized and then rotated, leading to a final size not linearly related to the resize command.

Hardy Heinlin

If it's 151, he needs a suitable amp that goes to 11.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Just get him the klystron from Matt's radar.

James Lacey

No. Just call me Nigel Tufnel.

Hardy Heinlin

I know a band in Thule, those go down to minus one.

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinI'm still thinking about using solid colors in different brightness levels instead of dot patterns in different dot densities. In either case it's a compromise.
The dot patterns must stay. Otherwise I won't get a good contrast when the warning occurs which draws the threating terrain area in a solid color. I.e. there must be a difference between dotted and non-dotted areas. Well, I could still simulate the solid color by a higher brightness, but on the other hand, the brightness of each color must be constant as well, or else certain areas may disappear in the black when the ND raster brightness control is half turned down. The EGPWS designers are clever folks, indeed. Every yellow pixel has the same brightness; if one pixel is visible, the pilot can be sure no other yellow pixels are hidden in the darkness of a half turned down display, yet by the varying dot density one can distinguish two levels of yellow. (Same for green dot patterns).

|-|

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Never confuse a clever designer for a designer who has had pilots looking at his work, playing with the brightness control, seeing a mountain disappear, and then turning the work down saying it is no good and heading for the bar.

Qavion

Quote from: WalterThanks Hardy. I think I confused it with a terrain profile display (I don't know, if this is the exact name for it and if newer 744s are equipped with that).

I'm surprised I haven't seen this Vertical Situation Display on our 744's yet. It's not on our latest 744-ER's, so perhaps it never will be.

Anyway, in the absence of data on this system, it's unlikely that it will be implemented in PSX (PSX generally needs both "hands on" experience as well as data from manuals ... as the manuals only tell you half the story... if you're lucky)

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/aero_20/vsd_story.html

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/news/feature/737tech.html

Cheers.
Q>