News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FAQ for potential new customers useful?

Started by Simicro, Mon, 20 Oct 2014 21:35

Simicro

Hi,

As I benefit from this community (addons, tutorials, help...) I would like to make a modest contribution.

Not having a strong technical background, I thought about a FAQ for potential new customers (advantages of PSX, PSX vs other sims, price, fluidity...). It would be a compilation of the existing material on this forum: questions asked by potential customers and answers given by customers or Hardy.

But I prefer to ask first: would that be relevant or useful?

Because one can read on the Aerowinw website:

QuoteA more detailed product description will follow soon...

If the answer if "no", no problem, I will just forget this idea.

If the answer is "yes", I think I can show something within 2-3 weeks.
- Tony -

* Aerowinx PSX, PFPX, TOPCAT, PMDG 777 (FSX)
* i5 4670K 4.3 Ghz 4 Core - MSI Z87-G43 Gaming - 8 Gb DDR3 - GeForce GTX 770 2 Gb
* SSD 256 Gb - iiyama 1920 x 1080 - Win 7 64 bits

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Tony,

feel free to make such a special FAQ.

I, for one, have no plans to make something like that.

Best wishes,

|-|ardy

Simicro

- Tony -

* Aerowinx PSX, PFPX, TOPCAT, PMDG 777 (FSX)
* i5 4670K 4.3 Ghz 4 Core - MSI Z87-G43 Gaming - 8 Gb DDR3 - GeForce GTX 770 2 Gb
* SSD 256 Gb - iiyama 1920 x 1080 - Win 7 64 bits

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

I don't mean this FAQ... I mean a QRH:

IF (Xview keeps telling that it cannot connect to PSX)
THEN
a) check your firewall
b) check your settings (files: a, b, c)
c) check your sanity
d) have a beer

Martin Baker

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Mon,  5 Sep 2022 13:08
I don't mean this FAQ... I mean a QRH:

IF (Xview keeps telling that it cannot connect to PSX)
THEN
a) check your firewall
b) check your settings (files: a, b, c)
c) check your sanity
d) have a beer

Yes - this would be BRILLIANT!

macroflight

I'd be willing to help since I'm a new customer (less than a month) and halfway through getting PSX + visuals up and running properly. I might till have some of the pitfalls stored in my short-term memory, and foresee a few more before I'm satisfied with my setup. :)

Martin Baker

Happy to help, too. Is the first step to compile a list of issues based on past forum posts? M

nimsu87

Anybody needing to find the pros and cons to owning this software should not even be looking to buy this software, I own the Airlinetools A3XX along with every PMDG product on the market 737(msfs&p3d),7474/8,777et al, A320/A321 Fslabs, A320 FFactor. I have spent thousands of pounds (£) on flight sim modules including military (DCS). As I've written before, I was fortunate enough to have a grandmother who knew I had the av bug when I was 10 years old. (my grandfather was a spitfire and hawker hurrican tech during WWII) and purchased ps1 for me which I first owned in 2001, trying to figure out how to run it on the XP version of Dos and then having issues using my joystick. My joystick never did work, but the knowledge I learnt from ps1 was priceless. For TLDR readers; there is nothing, absolutely nothing in the world that can match this 744 standalone sim, its value is exceptional. I paid 400 pounds for a 'swiss made' airbus a32X sim. I will say no more. I'm not blowing smoke up anyones backside for credit either; these are facts!
Nim
I got my first copy of PS1@13. I am 35 and own PSX. I don't think I will ever fully grasp the intricacies and engineering of this manmade structure It transcends a 'machine/vehicle'.I think if AI were to become sentient it would have happened already by now (pick your favourite post 1980s airliner)