News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX Remote on Android

Started by felixk2, Sun, 28 Sep 2014 13:24

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

I have the faint idea that Felixk2 needs to finish the "real work" projects before Xmas...

felixk2

Yea too much real work...

Will probably be in early 2015.

Thanks
Felix

Xavier

Hi !

I definitely don't want to harass anyone, moreover as I'm completely aware that plugins are genuine gifts from people who are kind enough to work on their free time for the sole satisfaction of having helped our little simmers community, but as Remote PSX on Android would really be extremely useful, I must ask : does someone know if the project is cancelled, or if it may eventually become available in the future ?

Cheers,

Xavier

flomartin

I do hope it's not cancelled :)

felixk2

I'm sorry guys, i don't have time to finish the android version. It's just too difficult given the tons of different screen sizes. When I originally built the iPad version it was easy because I just needed to support 2 sizes. But with Android it's a lot of effort, and between my day job and family I have no time to do it.

If anyone is willing to do it, and needs technical help to get started feel free to contact me and i'll do whatever I can.

Thanks
Felix

flomartin

Ok Felix,

That's a bad news but I do understand...

Hope someone can finish this port !

Thanks anyway a lot for your work

Xavier

Hi Felix,

To be honest, that's what I guessed, and fully understand, furthermore as I think I remember you are using IPads yourself, so Android version was definitely solely an (hugely appreciated) altruist work for us non-IPad users.
Thanks anyway for the work already done, and let's hope someone with the relevant knowledge will be able to take over...

Regards,

Xavier

Kockie69

Felix,

Do you allow me to use the graphicals you send me so I can use them for my own implementation?

And guys, can you please send me the types of devices you want this app running on? Then I can prioritize what sizes should be developed for first.

Regards Robert

felixk2

Sure thing Robert you can use them.

flomartin

I guess that the most popular tabs are 8 and 10 inches, like the Samsung Galaxy tabs 8 and 10 and Sony's as well.

Great to see someone continuing this work.

Good luck !

Dennis B

Felix,

I am planning to run a hardware CDU based on a Raspberry Pi and would be grateful if you could send me the fonts and any media that you have used. Is that possible? You can contact me via PN, of course.

Xavier

Hi Robert,

I'm afraid I might be the one with the weird format here : 8.4" (galaxy tabpro)...

Thanks for the help, that'd be so great if you accept to take the project over ! I sincerely wish I had the knowledge to help, but sadly I do know nothing about programming :-(

Xavier

Hessel Oosten

Hi Robert,

Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 edition.
Resolution 1600 x 2560 pixels.
10,1 inch.

H.

Robert Staudinger

Hi Robert,

Clanga 097
Resolution 1536 x 2048 pixels

Robert, also.

Kockie69

Just to let you know how  I progress on the Android version. Because of my busy things didn't evolve as fast as I would have liked but the first version will be out somewhere next week.
After this first release I think there will be lots of comments on the styling and positioning of texts, but we will improve that after this first release.
So please have a little bit more patience and hopefully together we will get to a stable version very soon because I need you all to test on all the different kind of devices that are out there.

Robert

flomartin

That's GREAT news, thanks a lot for your work :)

CarlBB

Good news and looking forward to it.
thanks
Carl

Hessel Oosten

Good news !

Here the (now connected) beta (!) APP-CDU for Android-pads.. functioning.
Some aligning issues left.
So ..., he's busy !

Thanks to Robert Kock !

Hessel

http://www.hoppie.nl/forum/var/app-cdu_beta.JPG

CDU-Screen: I like landing with not to much fuel left ....

Kockie69

For those interested, you can find and download a beta version here:

http://we.tl/Rmqycr4lRm

We tested it on 10 inch devices, haven't done any testing on 7 inch but you can try.
This is an apk file that you can deploy to your android device. When it is deployed to your device you can click it and it will install. If you haven't done this before and run into problems please google a bit. Many pages available that can help.

You can configure ip and port by selecting upperright screw of cdu.

If you run into any issues (or when things are going well) please let me know at robert.kock at gmail.com

Robert

B747-400

Hi Kockie69

thanks for your efforts .. I tried to check, but the app is haltet immediately after launch. No CDU visible. Just a fast flicker. Dark with fade out then back to normal view.

HW: Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1, german version

I know: not the best size for a CDU  ;) but just to let you know!

BR Hans