News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

Hardy Heinlin

At that point during takeoff your customers should have a pitch attitude greater than 10° and should see more sky than land :-)

matchball

Has anyone been able to fly online using X-Plane? As I tried yesterday VATSIM and had the same problem as in IVAO. No GS data and also no FL data (altitude data is transferred though).

mikeindevon

I believe that X-Plane itself should work ok via XSquawkbox.  This latter software must take internals from X-Plane to provide GS and FL.  My problem is that I am unable to set these internal variables via the SDK.

If the guys at IVAO could expose a set of datarefs for these variables, then I could easily write to them.

Mike

matchball

What I have found out is that for some reason FL data is not transfferred to the networks but altitude data is? I tried to use the data source to see what alt data does x-plane have but all those figures were frozen.

I am also quite certain that (at least IVAO) plugin takes it data for GS, FL and V/S from the same source as the X-Plane's VC's PFD. As the figures match every single flight.

Please let me know if I can help. I am still trying to find a person who knows about X-IvAp but for now it seems like the person who made the plugin has left the developing department.

Ps. I just wrote again to the software department. I will let you know if I find any info.

Greg Hateley

Hi Mike, thankyou for your excellent product, I use it on a daily basis.
QuoteSo in summary, XView uses the PSX elevation when flying and the XP scenery elevation when on or very near (< 0.5m) the ground. These slight jumps or early landings are a side effect of XView swapping between the two modes.

Would it be possible to blend the transition between modes?
I am sure you have thought about it, and it may be very complex, I have no idea on that part. It would however, make a great addition to not have the jumping.

Regards
Greg

Stephane LI

Hi, Mike and Matchball,

I have found this topic in the X-plane.org forum :
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=52138

Maybe it could help to calculate the groundspeed in XPX to be used by XView and X-Ivap ?

and there are some VARs in section "sim/flightmodel/position/" from this link :
http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xpsdk/docs/DataRefs.html

I am not an expert in XPX datarefs. I hope it could help. I really wish we could fly correctly on IVAO with PSX and XView.

Stephane

Steve_Beckett

Hi Mike

I've read with interest you post on PSX + X-plane for scenery. Unfortunately Im running PSX on an iMac and I note it's windows based. Are their any plans to make an IOS version?

Thanks in advance

Steve Beckett

mikeindevon

You will find an OS X version at:

ftp://larkshayes.com/Release 1.2/mac.xpl

Access to this site is explained in a previous post.

I would be interested to know if that works for you.  It was compiled using the OS X c++ library, which doesn't seem to be available on some user systems.  If it doesn't work I will produce a build with the library linked in if I can work out how to get XCode to do that.

Mike

mikeindevon

... specifically it needs "libc++"

Berndo

Mike,

some months ago I posted about not having the strobe and beacon lights working on your model.

Yesterday I started to debug crash issues with X-Plane and installed a second copy without any addons besides xView. I found at least one error in my sceneries and, purely by accident, found out the following:

If I have a PSX Plane loaded (with the xView plugin) and I change the aircraft to PSX Plane (causing X-Plane to reload the aircraft) the strobes and beacons start working.
Weird, huh?

Now I just have to remember to load the plane twice before starting the APU. :D

Cheers,
Bernd

mikeindevon

Glad it seems to work now.  Perhaps now that PSX Plane is properly reloaded it will remember it.  Mike

Stephane LI

Hello,

any news regarding the Ground Speed and Flight Data injection from PSX in XPX and X-IVAP ?
Any contact from IVAO developpers ?
I really like XPX as a scenery generator for PSX but actually cannot do any IVAO's tour as GS and altitude reads Zero and legs cannot be validated.

Stephane

Berndo

Mike,

after my backup disk is no longer readable I tried to download XView from your FTP-Server.
I get the username/password prompt, but nothing afterwards.

Could you verify if it is a problem on my end or if the server isn't working?

Thanks,
Bernd

Zangdaarr

Hi,

I am really interested in XView, but the ftp provided at the first page does not accept the credential. Did they change or did the soft location change ?

Thanks

airbusguy320

I also want to install Xview for Mac but the login does not work.

Chris Kilroy

The FTP login details from the first page are working fine here. Do note that they're case sensitive.

airbusguy320

Just to confirm: in the e-mail address there are no capital letters and in the password only the "P" in 747Pilot?

Stephane LI

Hello,

what about using this variable :

groundspeed   float   660+   no   meters/sec   The ground speed of the aircraft

in sim/flightmodel/position/

to get access to the groundspeed of the aircraft in XPX and in XView ?

Still no solution to be able to fly on IVAO with PSX+XView ? (Ground Speed and Flight Level read zero when flying online)...!!!

If you have access to X-Plane.org forums, here is an old topic talking about Groudspeed in XPX :
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=52138

If you don't have access, some quotes :

QuoteXPLMDataRef DR_LocalVX = XPLMFindDataRef("sim/flightmodel/position/local_vx");
   XPLMDataRef DR_LocalVY = XPLMFindDataRef("sim/flightmodel/position/local_vy");
   XPLMDataRef DR_LocalVZ = XPLMFindDataRef("sim/flightmodel/position/local_vz");

XPLMDataRef DR_GroundSpeed = XPLMFindDataRef("sim/flightmodel/position/groundspeed");

float VX = XPLMGetDataf(DR_LocalVX);
   float VY = XPLMGetDataf(DR_LocalVY);
   float VZ = XPLMGetDataf(DR_LocalVZ);

float GroundSpeedCalculated = sqrt((VX * VX) + (VY * VY) + (VZ * VZ));
   float GroundSpeedDR = XPLMGetDataf(DR_GroundSpeed);

Hardy Heinlin

Hi, why is VZ included in groundspeed?

Stephane LI

Hi, I have no idea. You should better ask directly in the topic... But I am sure a good programmer (don't look at me !) will be able to retrieve the groundspeed from PSX an inject it in XPX and X-Ivap.. 8)