News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

VisualPSX Suite released

Started by Garry Richards, Thu, 26 Jun 2014 02:24

Garry Richards

Hi Avi,

Quote from: AviWhen I select Disable all approach offsets there are no alignment problems for runway 26 (maybe because it doesn't confuse with runway 21, I don't know).
When approach offsets are disabled the FSX aircraft is at the same position as PSX. The FSX runway 26 must be very close to the real world position that PSX uses.

This is not the case at many other airports. If you fly with offsets disabled you will eventually discover some where the FSX runway is misaligned with the PSX runway.

Quote from: AviOne more thing I noticed is that any tiny touch on the brake pedals makes the outside view to pitch aggressively. Can that be solved?
I checked my code and found that VisualPSX passes the PSX pitch to FSX unchanged. I suspect that your pedals are applying heavier braking than you intend. PSX's PFD would confirm this if it is the case.

Cheers,
Garry

Avi

Quote from: Garry Richards
Quote from: AviOne more thing I noticed is that any tiny touch on the brake pedals makes the outside view to pitch aggressively. Can that be solved?
I checked my code and found that VisualPSX passes the PSX pitch to FSX unchanged. I suspect that your pedals are applying heavier braking than you intend. PSX's PFD would confirm this if it is the case.
No, this is (was) not the reason.
I'm working at the moment with a single computer so I suspected that when I applied brakes, both PSX and FSX independently applied brakes. Once I disabled the joystick for FSX, problem solved.

Thanks,
Avi Adin
LLBG

Garry Richards

Glad you solved it.

Cheers,
Garry

Stephane LI

Is the simconnect CTD problem solved with Visual PSX and P3D V2.5 ?
I would really like to try the Casablanca CAT II Manual approach with P3D weather effect.
I have tried with XPX and XView, but unfortunately, XPX remove all clouds layer below 2000ft and the weather with this situation file is like having 9999 for the visibility and I can see the runway lights soon enough before minimums.

Stephane

cagarini

Quote from: calimhiroIs the simconnect CTD problem solved with Visual PSX and P3D V2.5 ?
I would really like to try the Casablanca CAT II Manual approach with P3D weather effect.
I have tried with XPX and XView, but unfortunately, XPX remove all clouds layer below 2000ft and the weather with this situation file is like having 9999 for the visibility and I can see the runway lights soon enough before minimums.

Stephane

Don't expect any better in FSX :-(

Unfortunately PSX weather can't be made to feed ASN... I believe that way we might get into something interesting....

Using only SIMCONNECT or FSUIPC to inject weather into FSX is not sufficient / effective. The "Send PSX Weather to FSX" option in VisualPSX gives that same CAVOK for the Casablanca situ. My only chance of replicating the situation with plausible weather depiction is to use ASN with user-defined weather / METAR and disable that option of Visual PSX.

Actually, most of the time my coupled PSX-FSX:SE flights are vlown in real weather, with ASN feeding FSX:SE...