Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

VisualPSX and Simconnect.xml

Page: 1

Author Post
Garry,

first of all another BIG THUMBS UP regarding the latest version of VisualPSX, which combined with P3Dv2 and my new 4GB GTX 960 does miracles :-)

I have created different exe.xml and dll.xml that I set depending on the kind of use I am giving to P3dv2. If I am going to use it for PSX Visuals, with VisualPSX injecting weather, I have a very simple version of these XMLs with only the entries placed by default and ORBX FTX Global.

If I am using P3dv2 as a Visuals generator for PSX, but want ASN to paint the weather, I enable also the ASN entries.

When using P3dv2 standalone, as a flightsim, I have the versions that include entries for other aircraft add-ons, and I delete simconnect.xml ( only used by VisualPSX, because FTX Global, Carenado B1900d, PMDG 777 and ASN do not use it, and those are my only add-ons in P3dv2 ) from the P3dv2 configs folder.

Now, sometimes I forget to place it there again before starting the PSX/VisualPSX/P3dv2 suite, but everything still works fine as if it was there ?

I wonder how / why it works whith VisualPSX when simconnect.xml not in the P3dv2 configs folder ?

Finally, a last note, not pertaining to this subject: At some airfields, starting from SITU files already on final approach phase, but sometimes also when performing a full takeoff / landing circuit, the adjustments on the terrain elevation are performed at or very near to touchdown, causing sometimes a crash because PSX's 744 is near the ground while my visuals tell me I'm at 100'....

Also, in one of the default SITU takeoffs, from an airport in Japan, my P3Dv2 Jumbo is always displaced a good distance to the right of the runway, while it is aligned in PSX. I'll check the exact SITU latter, and update this message ;-)
« Last edit by jcomm on Sun, 16 Aug 2015 08:07:21 +0000. »

Garry,

01 Departure 008 Hofu Tokyo

and

04 Approach 008 Toronto

are good examples of runway unaligned between PSX and P3Dv2 ( was the same in FSX and FSX :SE ).

In the Tokyo SITU the 744 is aligned for takeoff in PSX, but pretty much to the right of the rw in P3Dv2 / FSX / FSX:SE

In the Toronto approach, as you get closer the rw you can easily notice it is not aligned between PSX and P3D / FSX / FSX:SE
« Last edit by jcomm on Tue, 18 Aug 2015 11:45:32 +0000. »

« Last edit by Garry Richards on Wed, 19 Aug 2015 07:29:02 +0000. »
Thx Garry!

I should have read the Manual :-/ It's all there, I know :-(

Always the same....

Ah! But the Toronto situ came with PSX ?

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software