Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

VisualPSX suite 6.4 and 7.4, build 5668 released

Page: < 1 2

Author Post
exceptionally cool add on thank you :D :D :D
Hi Gary,

a question ref a (trivial) feature request.

Would it be possible to allow the wing flex feature of the default FSX 747 to be enabled via Visual PSX?? Ie something like `flex up' with nose gear lift-off and `deflex' on main gear touchdown??

thanks again for this brilliant bit of kit.

regards,
Scud
Hi-

My questions are directed to those using PSX, P3d with VisualPSX and vPilot Traffic Proxy on ONE machine AND with a PSX Client, ASN and vPilot running on ANOTHER machine.

The machine running PSX, P3d and VisualPSX ALONG WITH THE vPilot Traffic Proxy is networked with the machine running the PSX Client, ASN and vPilot.

The issues I am encountering are-

1) Pushback (controlled on a networked PSX Instructor Station) does not seem to work. I did try the comm part needed, from the PSX client- that oughtn't to make a difference?

2) For some reason TrafficPSX does not see my vPilot client- I even tried running vPilot (not Traffic Proxy) on the sim machine.... I was able to set the radios correctly and do appear on VATSIM correctly- even networked using Traffic Proxy, however, there is NO client shown in the TrafficPSX configuration window (with our without Traffic Proxy). The PSX radios do change (the FSX and then) the vPilot frequency correctly; however, Mode C does not transfer from PSX to vPilot- I can set same manually on the networked machine.

I'm sure all this is caused by the ijut behind the yoke... but I'm hopeful some kind soul will sort this out ;)- TIA!

BTW- This experience has been incredible- like having my cake and eating it too- THANKS GARRY!

Best- C
« Last edit by cavaricooper on Mon, 10 Aug 2015 18:51:48 +0000. »
UPDATE-

Pushback was indeed buggered by the ijut in the cockpit- works fine!

vPilot working fine as well- just a bit concerned that TrafficPSX does NOT see my vPilot client... is this an issue- functional without.

TIA

C
C,

I found that the latest version of the vPilot client changed the window name which is used by vPilot to pass through push to talk etc...

I used http://www.catch22.net/software/winspy to find the window name.

I can have a look next time im in the sim for the value if no one else beats me to it.

Cheers
Gary
Gary-

That would be great- ta! I'm a git when it comes to computers- any pointers greatly appreciated.

Best- Carl
ScudRunner wrote
Would it be possible to allow the wing flex feature of the default FSX 747 to be enabled via Visual PSX?? Ie something like `flex up' with nose gear lift-off and `deflex' on main gear touchdown??

Thanks again for this brilliant bit of kit.

Thanks Scud. I can't help with this because wing flex is part of the FSX 747 aerodynamic model. There is no command to control it externally. VisualPSX has to turn off the FSX aerodynamic model, otherwise it conflicts with PSX and the aircraft no longer moves around smoothly.

Gary Oliver wrote
I found that the latest version of the vPilot client changed the window name which is used by vPilot to pass through push to talk etc...

I used http://www.catch22.net/software/winspy to find the window name.

This will probably happen whenever vPilot is updated. Someone will need to find the new windows class name as described above and publish it on the forum. Everyone will then need to enter it into their PilotClients.cfg file. There are instructions in the file on how to do that.

Cheers,

Page: < 1 2

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software