Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

FDS CDU

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi Everyone,

I have an FDS CDU - it is the 777 version I know, but I was fiddling trying to get the CDU display to go over from PSX to the FDS CDU. All LSK's work fine, just the display. I tried the external hardware layout that comes with PSX, but when I slide the CDU over to my CDU the window remains a black, blank window - when I slide it back to my desktop, the CDU screen displays fine.

The CDU works fine with other software, I was wondering if any learned folk out there might have some advice.

Thks & Rgds
David
Hi David,

Tick in the Preferences menu:

"Allow window streching about multiple monitors",
once (or one time and back to the un-ticked position).

Hope this helps.

Hessel
Hi Hessel,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried both, ticked and unticked, with the same result. Interestingly, I can see the CDU display on my hardware screen when it is half on my desktop - once I drag it further over, the display disappears off my hardware CDU. I must confess I am not really experienced with any sort of multi monitor setup so I appreciate your patience!

David
David,

Did you try also "ticking" with the CDU at that moment in the black (invisible) position ?

H.
Hi Hessel,

Thank you Sir, that did it!
Not sure why it works that way, but I've now successfully got the hardware CDU to display.

Thanks again,
David
Not sure why it works that way

The magic of flying.... ;)

H.
One further question if you don't mind - now that I have successfully got the hardware CDU going, I have sized the PSX CDU window to suit etc. How am I able to have the main panel i.e. the rest of my updated 9pack displayed concurrently with the CDU on the hardware CDU - I've looked at the preferences and can't find anything to give me a clue. At the moment, it is either the main panel on my desktop OR, the hardware CDU but not both. I hope there isn't an obvious answer I'm missing here.

David
The answer is to run two times PSX on the same PC! If you have sufficient memory, a CDU page costs you nearly nothing in CPU.

Run one of the PSX instances as server and the other as client.

Hoppie
Thanks Hoppie, I'll give that a try. Thanks for your help.

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software