Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Real Windshield View, an addon for other Addons

Page: 1

Author Post
User posted image

RWV, in conjunction with Visual PSX, XView, or PSX PSX Earth Tellurium, places the outside view these addons directly to the PSX Windshield. Available with 2 windows (like in the video) or a window to the outside view. Is in Layout 5 (numpad 5) involved, not visible in another. The original PSX Windshield View can remain active and be used in other layouts. Very early stage, but looks promising. :D
Unfortunately only works in Windows. :oops:

A short video: https://youtu.be/lrqwwsv4ey4
Where can we get this add-on from ? Looks great !

Is there a significant impact on the frame rates on both sims, opposed to using a half-screen FSX view, and a half-screen PSX view bellow it in one of the layouts, like I presently am using ?
Once a practically useful version is available I put a download (freeware, of course) available. A frame loss is not worth to be mentioned.
As I said, yesterday I had the idea, so it will take some time until the first publication. There are still many problems to solve. The next weekend maybe ...
Very interesting. .... good luck with this.
thanks
Carl
This shows great potential. All the best with its development.

As a laptop PSX user I got very excited until the final sentence that it only works in Windows :(

Still, perhaps a Mac version will be made one day. :D

Good luck and thanks for sharing this with the PSX community.

744kid
Peter-

Exactly what I was hoping for when I kept pestering Hardy for a "transparent" windscreen. Not at all sure how this works... But I shall be checking here constantly... This promises to be the solution I've been in search for.

Q1- Using Martin's Tellurium and Boost Server... Does pitch and roll work? Is there a possibility to think of having a networked injection of the data so that the add-on program could run on a second machine, whilst the display draws on the PSX sim machine? Is that even possible or just a pie in the sky idea?

Q2- I use a split main view of the left seat with large PFD/ND and 1/3 of the upper EICAS below, with a large EFIS and left 2/3 (just past ALT window) of the MCP above... Will the SINGLE window display interject itself below my PSX.... Or does layout 5 have to be one full screen layout?

Q3- As I use PSX on PCs as well as a rMBP... I too hope for eventual Java/OSX compatibility... Although I'm not hesitant to admit I cannot even imagine how you have programmed this magic :).

Sorry for the numerous questions, but you've really hit the holy grail here for single machine users. As 3D Earth data gets better, this could pave the way towards incredible possibilities. Thank-you for your efforts!

Best- C
« Last edit by cavaricooper on Sun, 05 Jul 2015 20:29:10 +0000. »
Q1 -> Yes
Q2 -> Works with any layout. If the original windshield of PSX is seen my program can be used.
Q3 -> I am an old Microsoft Guy, I do not know about Mac and Java unfortunately. But maybe Windows programs run under MacOS?

Little progress, the options menu :mrgreen:

User posted image
Peter-

I wait with enthusiastic patience :)

C
I can't wait to get my hands, rather... eyes... on it, specially now that I got new spectacles for close view, with progressive lens from near near, to desktop monitor near :)
It will take some time, there are still many problems to solve, but no more fundamental problems. But, as the saying goes, the devil is a squirrel. ;)

Other hand, I'm just driven by ELLX Taxiways with RWV and everything was fine, stable and looking good. :) RWV costs about 2 to 4 percent CPU load at 2 Views.
First flight test. Everything is still very rough and not optimized. Settings, positions and sizes are not yet saved. Everything has to be reset manually each time. But you get a sense of how it might look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EsoljONP5w
Now that is very very impressive could it be done for 6 channels :-))))))) as I have 6 channel collimated single eyepoint system it is as old as Noah but still cool .... is it xmas and have I been a good boy
I think so. With 6 channels you mean 6 Views instead of 2 views in the current project? A photo of your setup would be interesting. I think that an adjustment should be possible.
With the help of cavaricooper the addon is nearing completion. I've added some features. The visual quality of the scenery has been greatly improved. Now corresponds to the original (FSX, X-Plane, etc.). A download for interested for the next few days be possible.

User posted image

User posted image
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!
Hi Skino

Could you please provide an update on your project?

Regards

noels7

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software