Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Aircraft position

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi Hardy,
I have been trying to get PSX to match the gate positions for the new FlyTampa YSSY add on in P3D via VisualPSX. I have noticed the position area under the instructor panel does not allow for precision control to allow gate alignement. Would it be possible to get the positioning area expanded to allow greater resolution (eg S33 56.23 E151 10.11)?

Best regards,
asb
Hi,

this higher resolution has been introduced in PSX 10.0.4, see item 0.4-0054.:

http://aerowinx.com/forum/topic.php?id=2782

Are you using PSX 10.0.5? If so, you have this feature already.

Cheers,

|-|ardy
Hardy,
I am using PSX 10.0.5 and still only get one digit resolution. I will try to attach screen shot of instructor area. Cannot figure out how to attach screen shot jpg, but in instructor screen for location can still only get N(S)xxx yy.y E(W)xxx yy.y resolution for position

Cheers,
AlexB
New info. I can use extra digits as per the info, but If I try to make both items high resolution, the first entry is rounded when you press enter.
So if I enter S33 56.12 and E151 10.123, then when I press enter I get moved to S33 56.1 and E151 10.12...
Regards,
AlexB
Hello Alex,

I believe that effect is intentional. Looking at the note from Hardy's link:

0.4-0054. Instructor > Situation > Position: Aircraft position edit field now allows up to 6 digits after the decimals, e.g. N18 02.123456 W063 07.123456
or N18 02.12 W063 07.12 -- Note: When the Enter key is pressed, the aircraft will be positioned accordingly, but the edit field will display the shorter, rounded format

Cheers,
It works exactly as andrej (and Hardy) describe it.

Which has the advantage that you can then copy the shortened format and paste it directly into the "Map center" box, if you wish. :D

Cheers,

Brian
brian747 wrote
Which has the advantage that you can then copy the shortened format and paste it directly into the "Map center" box, if you wish. :D

Tip: You can copy the aircraft position to the map position also by clicking on the "Find aircraft" button :-)

Cheers,

|-|ardy
I understand that the entry will reduce to the shortened form, but when I check the long/lat in P3D, the first entry is always the same as the shortened entry. It is almost as if the entering of the second number shortens the first.
As I mentioned in my example I enter two double decimal point entries only the second seems to make it into the P3D with double digits.

I will continue to test...

AB

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software