Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Cockpit Color

Page: 1

Author Post
What brown color (RAL code) is actually right for a 747 cockpit? RAL 8011 or 8017 seem to dark.
Hi Peter,

RAL colors do not match.
I went to Prosol (or a find a company near your side, that mixes colors) and found colormap E0.15.45 or ACP 411D4 matches pretty good. It is almost identical to the OC CDUs :D

Hope this helps
Peter
which the light brown or the darker brown.... take a brown you like and go with it it seems to me that Boeing use whatever browns and creams they have on had that particular day :shock:
Thank you very much :)
Hi,

Some one (hoppie?) uploaded this picture to the PS1 forum a long time ago. I hope it will help you (even if the code is not RAL).

User posted image

Cheers,
Many Thanks. Have it converted here:

http://www.easyrgb.com/index.php?X=SEEK#Result

User posted image
I think the best of these four suggestions is RAL-1011.

RAL-1002 looks nice as well:

http://www.ral-farben.de/content/application-help/all-ral-colours-names/overview-ral-classic-colours.html

But RAL-1011 is probably better because it's darker, thus it provides a better contrast to the white font on the panels.
« Last edit by Hardy Heinlin on Thu, 16 Jul 2015 16:40:05 +0000. »
The whole discussion about the real color is "colored" by the fact the i.m.o. no Boeing has the same color immediately after her birth in comparison to the moment of being a very old lady.

25 years or more a in rather intense U.V. light environment gives a lot of discoloring.
Look at the difference between covered and uncovered parts on the floor of your house !

H.
Nevertheless, you have to decide on a color. And that should be as realistic as possible. Fading and scratching happens by itself. :P

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software