Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

CPFlight Mode Control Panel

Page: 1

Author Post
I am setting up a CPFlight 747-400 MCP and I wanted to check -- on the Aerowinx side -- if there are any settings that I need to use in PSX.

I downloaded the driver InstPSX_101.zip from CPFlight and installed the program. I am not seeing the MCP under Ports (Com & LPT) after I connect the USB cable. I confirmed the unit seems to be making a connection with the computer because the LED's flash when I initially plug it in. There is some mention of a USB driver in the instruction manual, but it isn't clear whether the USB driver would be needed on the Aerowinx setup.

I do have an email into Paolo at CPFlight, but I am open to any input here as well.

Thanks,

Jon D.

[Addendum]:

I discovered that the MCP does show up in my Device Manager under "Other devices" - USB <-> Serial.
« Last edit by emerydc8 on Thu, 09 Jul 2015 07:00:49 +0000. »
On the PSX side you just need to start the PSX network, i.e. one PSX must be the main server.

As far as I recall, your setup has one PSX main server anyway. So just tell your CPFlight driver the server's port number (10747) and its host address. This should be explained in CPFlight's manual.

All PSX add-ons connect via network, i.e. just tell the add-on the server's port and address. It's always the same principle.

Cheers,

|-|ardy
The CPFlight MCP must be connected to the computer where the PSX Server runs. There is no way to assign the PSX server IP to the CPFlight software from a client machine.

Then simply find the correct com port (trial and error ;) the com port is saved then.) and press "connect". Thats all.

Hope this helps
Peter
Thanks guys. CPFlight sent me a link to the USB drivers needed for the Aerowinx.

http://www.cpflight.com/sito/downloads/downloads.asp. It is listed under "MCP737 Usb driver" and the zip file is "usbdriver32_64.zip." I had to install the driver twice before the "CPFlight Serial Adapter (Com 3)" would appear on my Device Manager under Ports (Com & LPT). So, you do need the USB drivers in addition to the InstPSX_101.zip.

Now, my MCP illuminates continuously and the dials and switches work to make changes on the MCP itself, but there is no connection when I start the PSX server. In other words, I can't get the MCP to effect any changes on the PSX MCP.

Do I need to use Boost or change the main network to 10748?

Peter, as for the "Connect" button you refer to, I did that once (port 3), but now I don't see a conect button. Is that just a one-time thing or do you have a "connect" button to press every time you start your sim?

Thanks,

Jon D.
@Peter Lang: You can run it on a client if you use Hoppies router software. I dit it once and it was working (but returned to running it on my main server).

@Jon D: Are you sure you are running PSX as a server (Instructor/Network/main/The main server)?

Robert
Hi Robert,

Yes, I am pretty sure I am running it as the server. Under the Network page, it says: This Precision Simulator Should Be: The Main Server.

I just can't seem to connect the CPFlight MCP to it.
Hi Jon,

Boost Server is not necessary for CPflight MCP

You have to start FS_COM_PSX_747 each time when you start the sim. Its just like starting all Interface card software. COM 3 is just for example. Mine is on COM 5. This setting depends on the USB port, where you connect the MCP.

Refer to this page, http://www.cpflight.com/sito/Aerowinx747/Aerowinx747.asp there is a good description how to find the right port.

Did you update the firmware for MCP to MCP747_103.zip? This is also necessary.
You can get it here: http://www.cpflight.com/sito/downloads/downloads.asp

Hope this helps

Robert,

I never tried this, but thanks for the hint. Maybe I will check this :D

Peter
Thanks, Peter.

I checked my firmware revision and it is 104. The latest on the CPFlight website is 103, so I'm afraid to update the firmware until I hear from Paolo because it may actually be a downgrade.

As for the setup, I did follow the windows in the program and configured it to Port 3 (that was the port identified in my Device Driver for the CPFlight serial port), but I am not seeing the window titled FS_Com_PSX.747 Rev 1.00, where it allows you to select the port and "Connect." Do you see this window every time you start the sim?

Jon D.

[Addendum]:

When I enter Port 3 in the settings, it's saying the port is already open.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WRh0Hf7VdZX0VwdVl0M01rcWs/view?usp=sharing
« Last edit by emerydc8 on Thu, 09 Jul 2015 22:56:54 +0000. »
emerydc8 wrote
Yes, I am pretty sure I am running it as the server. Under the Network page, it says: This Precision Simulator Should Be: The Main Server.

Did you also click the Start button?

What message is displayed under the Start button?

Regards,

|-|ardy
When I initially start the server, I see the start button momentarily, then it looks like it automatically starts because it is displaying the "stop" button now.
OK, when you let this PSX automatically start in server mode (as set in preferences), then it starts automatically.

That's OK.

But what message is indicated under the Start/stop button at "Last event:"?

|-|ardy
Hi Hardy,

"Last event: Started listening for clients."

Thanks,
Jon
That's fine.

Looks like the problem lies outside the server. There is no data coming in.
Thanks, Hardy. That sounds right. I know you have to start FS_COM_PSX_747 each time when you start the sim, but when I open that file, all I see is "CPFlight Hardware Test" and there is a screen to test and make sure all the switches work (they seem to work okay). There is no "Connect" button.

Apparently, I don't see what Peter is seeing when he starts FS_Com_747.

Jon

[UPDATE]:

Fixed! I uninstalled and reinstalled the Aerowinx/CPFlight drivers and found the little white airplane icon that allows you to connect. Once I found it, it was just a matter of pressing the button and it hooked right up to the server.

Thanks to everyone for the help.
« Last edit by emerydc8 on Fri, 10 Jul 2015 05:05:26 +0000. »

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software