Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

SimStack

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi,

what experience do you have with the SimStack boards?

Is it as I understand, that the board communicates via the SimSwicht software directly with the Q-Codes / PSX-Variables?

I hook up a switch to the board, tell the loader where the switch is wired, and which FSX-Variable should be feeded. Right? Vice versa: SimSwitch reads a FSX-Variable, and turns on or off a LED?

Is there a sample "programm" I can see, or some documentation? I found nothing on their webpage!

Would love to hear your experience!

Thanks, and BR Hans
Hans,

It is absolutely brilliant. We are using it for all the lighting in the sim. Very simple to setup and great support from the Simstack guys too.

Highly recommended... No faffing about with USB, no drivers, no software.

"It Just Works"

Very pleasing.

Cheers
Gary
Thanks Gary,

sounds great!

But where can I gather more infos, documentation etc. ...

It's an investment, and I would like to learn more about it prior to purchase!

BR Hans
I'm sure John or Rod could give you access to the customer area. There are many documents in there to look at.

Cheers
Gary
Thanks, I'll contact them ...

BR Hans
Is there any further news on when the other stackables will be ready ? When will Simstack come up with on the Synchro interface. (nag nag nag) :-) or the 429 :-))))) This is a very very complicated undertaking that could be made very simple for flight-deck builders if they produce what they say are and will. in particular for the standby gauges So I for one am quite excited about what these chaps are doing I only hear good things about they have produced thus far
Hans wrote
But where can I gather more infos, documentation etc. ...

Hans, I have sent you some more information about SimStack. Please register on the site and you will be able to download our manuals, the Loader application and some sample sketches.

the mad hatter wrote
Is there any further news on when the other stackables will be ready ? When will Simstack come up with on the Synchro interface. (nag nag nag) :-) or the 429 :-))))) This is a very very complicated undertaking that could be made very simple for flight-deck builders if they produce what they say are and will. in particular for the standby gauges So I for one am quite excited about what these chaps are doing I only hear good things about they have produced thus far

Bernard, we are in the final stages of design of the Synchro boards and the ARINC 429 boards. We should have prototype boards in testing sometime in the next 4-6 weeks. If testing goes well, we should be able to announce the specs and prices towards the end of August.

Regards,

Rodney
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au
Thanks a lot Rodney!
BR Hans
Hi Hans

Ive been using SS now for some months and I can tell you that it a complete simulator I/O solution, especially for folks who are going down the OEM route - As gary says, no USB, all ethernet, no software to run...

Each "stack" is an independent module, with it's own IP address - it can handle upto 32 V loads (so running your OEM indicators and solenoids is a breeze) - The way the boards are designed, there is great flexibility in how you want to hook up your hardware, OEM or otherwise - For instance, outputs 1>4 could run 5v backlight, and 5>8 can run 28V lamps and solenoids - or any other combination you choose - Since much of OEM switching and lights are "LOW" side (on to ground), you have the option of deciding if each output is LOW or HIGH .. and so on...

The loader is where you prepare and upload the "sketch"to the card - which is mainly where you assign the IP addresses/ports and the order (array) of your hardware - the main number-crunching happens in the libraries, which are predefined - and once you upload it to the stack, she's up and running - no drivers, parallel programs running -

If you see the website, you'll see that the ARINC and synchro will be a part of the solution soon -

Since it's based on the Arduino system, you also have the option (if you need to) for running your custom code, outside of the default libraries - Im definitely not a coder, but I got the hang of it pretty quickly -

cheers,

FC
« Last edit by farrokh747 on Fri, 10 Jul 2015 03:27:01 +0000. »
Rodney wonderful excellent news, I am biting the bit in short I think all my xmas,s about to come at once :-) I need the following and have a couple of questions please

About Arinc:

Can each Tx/Rx channel be switched from low to high speed?
Is there a limited count of labels each channel can handle? (excluding the limits of the bus itself)
Can each label be manually configured (signature bits, bnr/bcd, resolution etc)?

About Synchro:

will the board be able to manage synchro output for the most common used type in gauges like Rudder trim indicator and stab trims with 3 phase 11.8V stator? Will it support one phase grounded as per WDM?

and for the 429 the following count (not including the FMC,s and EUI,s)

MCP: 5rx 2tx
EFIS: 2rx
CLOCKS: 2rx
RCPs: 3rx
XPDR: 2rx
RMI: 6tx
Printer 1tx
WRX panel: 2rx

Total: 9TX and 16RX

Thank you
« Last edit by the mad hatter on Thu, 09 Jul 2015 15:55:19 +0000. »
Hi Farrokh,

thanks for your info!

I got access to the members area in the meantime. Now I need some time to go thru all the material!

But it looks very promising to me!

BR Hans
Hi Bernard,

I'm glad you are looking forward to the release of our ARINC boards.

the mad hatter wrote
About Arinc:

Can each Tx/Rx channel be switched from low to high speed?
Is there a limited count of labels each channel can handle? (excluding the limits of the bus itself)
Can each label be manually configured (signature bits, bnr/bcd, resolution etc)?

This and more information will be released once we have the prototype board completed. The software and hardware are very closely related on our ARINC boards.

the mad hatter wrote
About Synchro:

will the board be able to manage synchro output for the most common used type in gauges like Rudder trim indicator and stab trims with 3 phase 11.8V stator? Will it support one phase grounded as per WDM?

The Synchro boards are intended to be used with both TX and RX synchros. The boards will convert Tx synchro inputs to a highly accurate single analogue value. They will also output simulated synchro signals to Rx devices. This includes instruments that contain Synchros like Torque gauges and trim indicators.

As I mentioned, the full details will be available in about 6 weeks once we have completed the prototype design and testing.

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software