Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

APU - start

Page: 1

Author Post
Just a short question.....is it possible to start the APU with the keybord? (windows)

Thank's
Walter
No, I'm sorry.

Regards,

|-|ardy
ok Hardy.....it doesn't matter. Anyway thank's for the swift return.

Regards
Walter
Hallo Walter,

just FYI - there's a function implemented in all Windows versions called

"Mouse Keys" - you can actually move the mouse pointer with your keyboard.
See this link: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000542.htm

Does that come close to what you're trying?

Regards
Dennis
Hi Dennis,

thank you for joinig and undertake to solve the problem.....but unfortunately it is not the case.

The truth of the matter is very slightly....here just an example:

With one monitor operating (in my situation) and taxiing after landing you have to switch to the overhead panel and you have to start the APU with the mouse. During this time you can't control the taxi-direction. Instead of stopping the plane, it would be fine, just to press a key to start the APU like the F9-key for the flap-retraction.

Anyway thank's for joining.

Regards
Walter
Hi Walter,

this issue could be resolved by, for example, choosing a layout that both includes the relevant portion of the Overhead Panel and a portion of the windscreen or any other region that allows tiller control. Do you only have single-division layouts? It would make sense to alter at least one of them to include the portions described above. On how to do this (just in case you should not know), see the excellent manual from page 17 on.

You could also check out the FiFli-Addon which is capable of handling such tasks as starting the APU on taxiing in, besides many other tasks the F/O would do: http://aerowinx.com/forum/topic.php?id=2481
Great.....thank you Dennis for your suggestions and swift replies. Especially the pointer to the FiFli-Addon is conspicuous and really helpful for me.

Problem solved... cheers,
Walter

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software