Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Full Motion Level-D 744

Page: 1

Author Post
Gents,

I'm planning to reward myself* with stick time in the full motion sometime in Sept, condition to the 'vendor' permitting me to experience non-normal procedures of my choosing throughout the allocated time slot. Should that be the case, I'd be more than happy to append to the list anything that can be used to further fine tune PSX. Apparently, I can bring along some guests...

* I've been pulling some stunts lately - so hopefully I'll be able to justify it to my wife. Let us assume however that I shall be victorious :-D.

------
LIST
------

1. LNAV/VNAV inop with >1 eng out (contributed by Peter / Hardy)

Dejan
« Last edit by Deki on Mon, 22 Jun 2015 19:26:41 +0000. »
Take off and land with the APU running, to see if the AVAIL lights illuminate after landing...?
Level off at FL120, then disengage AP and AT, fully retard the throttles, use pitch to get to around 250 knot and maintain - take note of you V/S, and then...

Slowly add up to full left rudder and compensate with opposite yoke to try keeping wings level...!!!

A) What happens to your V/S ?
B) What happens to your airspeed ?
C) Can you perform a full flat rudder turn, trying to keep wings level ?

( Will they let you try this :-/ )

I ask because I still find a tendency for V/S to show a rise ( decrease in modulus if negative, or increase if positive ), or at least a less pronounced descent, while the speed starts decaying, but at a mild pace, for what I would expect given the huge drag of a 744 flying in a sideslip like that...

I also still find that under such circumstances ( you're flying at 12.000' and 250+ KIAS ), rudder authority will probably not be as high as presently modeled in PSX ?

Finally, although I believe a fwd slip maneuver wouldn't probably be performed IRL operations, unless an emergency called for it, the effects of fwdsliping in PSX are also very faint. In landing configuration ( say still at flaps 25 and gear down, or even at full flaps ), initiating a fwd slip bleeds of mainly speed, not much, but at the beginning your V/S can even decrease ( decrease in modulus if negative, or increase if positive )...
« Last edit by jcomm on Wed, 24 Jun 2015 07:12:54 +0000. »
"Oh, I thought these were the brake pedals?!" :mrgreen:
Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers wrote
"Oh, I thought these were the brake pedals?!" :mrgreen:

:lol:

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software