Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

OAT Entry WPT Winds Page

Page: 1

Author Post
Hardy,

With the introduction of the fantastic application created by by a member of the Simfest UK Team that allows us to inject AcktiveSky Next Weather into PSX we PSX 744 drivers are now able to flightplan with winds in PFPX from the same source as we can fly (ASN) which for those of us that want gives more accuracy on fuel calculations on those longer sectors.

The downside of course is that we now get back a taste of some reality by having to manually enter those spot WPT WINDS & OATs into the LEGs Pages manually.

The propagation of the WIND entries works as advertised & they can even be 'down selected' again into the scratch pad for editing for subsequent entry later on to save finger work but I am afraid AFAICS the OAT entries are not propagating down the route as they should into small font as the propagated wind entries do - according to my reference (Bulfer Big Boeing Ref Guide pp112).

It becomes a very time consuming task to manually enter the ALT/OAT for each WPT.

Happy to take real world advice if I am barking up the wrong tree & was wondering if you were aware & if it could be fixed un an upcoming Beta update if it is indeed an issue?

Best

Steve
As far as I can see on my system, the OAT values in the OAT column in the middle of the page appear in small font, propagated from the other pages.

5R has dashes, but that's irrelevant. Relevant are the small font OAT values in the column in the middle of the page for each altitude. These are used by the FMC for the calculations.

Cheers,

|-|ardy
Thanks for the prompt reply ... I must be misreading Bulfers explanations on pp112.

Cheers

Steve

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software