Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Weather injectors, FSX and PSX

Page: < 1 2

Author Post
I would like to congratulate and encourage the creators of this add-on to continue and share the development with the community. Thanks to it, I have now PSX winds aloft and PFPX flight plan winds forecast matching (I feed PFPX with my ASN WX snapshot file). One question : is there and altitude "trigger" below which PSX METAR winds gets priority, or does the PSX surface winds will match ASN winds until the add-on is online, regardless of the altitude ? I suggest a little readme or tutorial to explain features and configuration tips.

Cheers,
« Last edit by JP744 on Tue, 10 Mar 2015 15:57:47 +0000. »
Hi Ivo,
Ivo de Colfmaker wrote
... for flightplanning purpose, I use PFPX, this calculates a fuel burn of your flight based on the weather it downloads from the internet,

Why don't you use the ASN weather?
Nico
Hi.

Hessel Oosten wrote
Is one of your (programming team-members) willing to gives some clues/solutions to get it working in FSX ?

He thinks it should be possible to get it working for FSX however is busy with real world projects at the moment. He'll get around to it when he can.

JRBarrett wrote
One problem though. When completing my sim session, I exited PSXWX using the X in the upper right corner of the window

That's a legacy from using it in the sim, we didn't want people closing it by accident. At the moment the only way to close it is to right click and exit on the icon next to the clock. That may change in a future version.

JP744 wrote
is there and altitude "trigger" below which PSX METAR winds gets priority,

It's not quite as simple as an altitude trigger, but even with the program running PSX surface winds do take priority eventually; so the ATIS should be correct.

JP744 wrote
I suggest a little readme or tutorial to explain features and configuration tips.

Like I said in the original post, the author doesn't have time to support it at the moment. This may change in the future.

A cool feature to have would be the ability to datalink the wind profile from PFPX rather than internally to PSX. This would save us having to enter the wind into the legs page manually - that said I think Hardy is probably sick of all things wind at the moment!
You can manipulate the RTE DATA in PSX's FMS LEGS via network. (This affects the FMS, not the physical weather. FMS and planet are two worlds.)

But this requires more documentation and a new forum thread :-)

|-|
He thinks it should be possible to get it working for FSX

Great and take your (his ..) time !
Thanks.

H.
Hello,

Any news about the PSXWx compatibility with FSX ?

Cheers,
Never shy of asking a silly question ... I take it I can drop this little proggy into the same place where I run all of Gary's software from on my PSX/P3D network?

It looks very promising & I shall report back on my progress.

Best

Steve

Page: < 1 2

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software