Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Fuel Saving.....

Page: 1

Author Post
« Last edit by jcomm on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 08:10:36 +0000. »
With the much-reduced fuel costs at present - an airline that "owns" it's 747's rather than an expensive lease on a 777 or a 380, is doing rather well, I would think..

You can't retro-manage a 4-engined aircraft to fly on 3 to save fuel. In fact operating with an engine shut down actually uses more fuel..

Does Portugal have any more of these days?

Peter
Britjet wrote
Does Portugal have any more of these days?

Peter

Hmmm, I guess about 365/366 of it :-)
Britjet wrote
With the much-reduced fuel costs at present - an airline that "owns" it's 747's rather than an expensive lease on a 777 or a 380, is doing rather well, I would think..

I do know of hasty avionics upgrades on 744s already destined for the desert so that they could meet new oceanic requirements and unexpectedly remain in service for a few years more. There certainly is more life ahead for the Queen.

Most airlines nowadays look closely at cabin interior and, of course, WiFi. It may be that upgrading a 744 with an up to date cabin is too expensive though, which would still mean the aircraft is not going to do much more passenger service.

Hoppie
What is needed is good old-fashioned entertainment - like "pass the suspicious parcel" or "guess the weight of the stewardess"

Peter
Britjet wrote
What is needed is good old-fashioned entertainment - like "pass the suspicious parcel" or "guess the weight of the stewardess"

Peter

So now we know what you used to do during those long hours of cruize...........

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software