Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Unable to start server

Page: 1

Author Post
I fired up PSX as usualy this morning but the server will not start! I click on the main server box and click start but nothing happens.

The last events was "Could not listen on port 10747".

Also cannot start boost, with last event "Unable to listen on port 10749"
Any other server already running? There can be only one server in a (main or boost) network.
No just one server and one client. As a workaround, I swapped the roles around. I thrn tried to swap them back but still have the same issue.
Are you sure there is no other PSX main server and boost server running? Have you checked your task manager?

These messages occur when another server is already running.
It is technically possible that there is a process stuck in the operating system that still holds the socket occupied. A reboot of the OS will clear this. You can also inspect the process list and look for Java processes that are stuck.
Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers wrote
It is technically possible that there is a process stuck in the operating system that still holds the socket occupied. A reboot of the OS will clear this. You can also inspect the process list and look for Java processes that are stuck.

I did a restart of the PC and it seems to have cleared the gremlin :)
GodAtum wrote
I did a restart of the PC and it seems to have cleared the gremlin :)

Chris,

The first step in IT troubleshooting:
Turn it off and on again! :)

Rod.
> You can also inspect the process list and look for Java processes that are stuck.

This has happened to me in the past and indeed, killing the zombie-like Java processes (when no Java program e.g. PSX is running) does the trick, too. When running Windows, use the task manager for that.

Markus
Markus Vitzethum wrote
This has happened to me in the past and indeed, killing the zombie-like Java processes (when no Java program e.g. PSX is running) does the trick, too.

These zombie-like Java processes may occur when you do not quit PSX via About/Quit, but with the Windows close button top right.

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software