Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

PSX windows position on startup

Page: 1

Author Post
Hello,

I am running PSX over a network inside my home cockpit. Let me give you an example with one of my PC's which is running two instances of PSX for the PFD/ND captain and first officer sides.

This PC is linked with 2 screens. In windows, I configured the captain's PFD/ND screen as primary display, and the first officer's PFD/ND screen as secondary (extended desktop).

I made two layouts, saved them, two preferences files, saved them, and load them at startup with AerowinxNetStart. My problem is that the two instances of PSX always open on the captain's screen (primary windows desktop display) and I always have to move the first officer's PFD/ND instance of PSX to the secondary screen manually (and tick/un-tick the "Allow window stretching across multiple monitors" to get the normal F/O's PFD/ND display back).

I would like to avoid these manipulations and get my two PSX instances well positioned on the 2 screens directly at startup. Did I forget to configure something ?
Hi,

when you press the "0" key on the num pad after your screen system is detected, the stored layout should reload as desired.

Have you tried that?

Cheers,

|-|ardy
Hello Hardy,

Yes I tried, and it works as expected. But my problem is about the dispatch of the 2 instances of PSX. I always need to move the second instance to the secondary screen manually because the 2 instances always open on the primary screen. I am looking for a trick to do the thing automatically on startup, because my simulator's PC don't have any keyboard or mouse connected.

Cheers,
No, I mean the 0 key should put the frame to the position that is stored in the layout file. If the two monitors have a common pixel coordination reference, e.g. when monitor B's left edge is located at pixel x=1901 and the PSX frame position is to be at x=1901, the frame should be positioned on monitor B.

If the two monitors have no common pixel coordination reference, the monitors cannot be identifed in the layout file.

|-|
I'll investigate again. Thanks.

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software