Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Java Developer with many years experiences

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi folks

I'm a java developer with many years experiences on any plattforms. Many experiences also with JEE like webservices and web development.

Is there any feature request or project who need some help? I have some free resources and like todo somthing have todo with aviation.

It can by too a opensource project.

Thanks & Regards
Robert
Robert,

the only thing that comes to my mind, as a prospective user, and not really as a programmer, would be a bridge between PSX and Outerra for visuals, just as there exist already VisualPSX for FSX and P3D and XView for X-plane 10.

Flight Gear would be yet another interesting platform for visuals, but I am planning to invest more in Outerra for the future...
Not that bad, this idea, in fact I never heard about this engine before. Unfortunately I have absolut no experiences in design a aircraft. And if we like todo a interface from psx to Outerra there will by a Boeing 747-400 model required. And this is not my expert know how! But who know, maybe there is someone who can do the model?! :roll:
There are already tools for converting models to Outerra, and I'm almost sure sooner or latter one will become available.

Outerra is also growing in terms of World scenery, and weather depiction, and there are projects in weather modeling, etc... It's a slowly growing but very interesting simulator.

OTOH, FlightGear is there already established and with a 744 available :-)

In the past there was a bridge between PS1 and FG, but it's not available for PSX.

One interesting feature of FlightGear ( as well as Outerra ) are the sloped runways and taxiways, as accurate as source data can be... I know we have that too for X-Plane 10, but I left that club long ago, and Flight Gear is free, and Outerra registration costs only $15
Thanks yes I have downloaded FlightGear now and will look how it works. I need to liked, to do any development on it ;)
Hope you like it Robert :)
When you was using, for so many years FSX, P3D and x-plane ... I realy have to say well this flight simulator "FlightGear" looks not that bad, but also not that good. Sorry but I will look for some other challanges. I stay with my P3D.
A simple interface PSX to Arduino would be great. Or a wrapper or DLL for Visual Studio.
Skino, for what excactly you think to use Arduino? I anderstand it is a platform / software interface. To controll your home cockpit, I guess?
Yes exactly. To build and drive to external hardware. For the MS simulators already exist as a solution.
http://www.mobiflight.de/

A DLL, to edit the data of the PSX with VB or C would also be great. There are again a FS9 / FSX solution

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/74848-fsuipc-client-dll-for-net-version-24/

So a DLL or PSX <-> Visual Studio interface would be of great benefit for all Windows C, C ++ or VB programmers (like me :oops: :mrgreen: )
I think John Golin (see AdaptPSX etc.) has already developped interfaces for every possible link between PSX and Arduino.

http://www.simulatorsolutions.com.au/

|-|ardy
« Last edit by Hardy Heinlin on Sun, 31 May 2015 12:30:29 +0000. »
This is certainly a great product but too much for small problems. A simple interface that uses the common USB connection would not be bad. Without Ethernet Shield and special software. That is also the possibility to create Arduino sketches himself. So a more customized solution.

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software