Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

RealTraffic 1.0 beta and updated Foreflight 2.0 beta

Page: « < ... 3 4 5 6 7

Author Post
Says it doesn't have anything to contribute. Yes, I have an active internet connection. I will try again later.

Thanks,

Mike
Same here when I started the next phase of my fight earlier this evening.

Mind you, I was excited to be flying within twenty miles of the real G-CIVR a couple of days ago.
Still getting the message:

Unable to obtain real world traffic. Are you connected to the internet? Sorry, no option but to terminate.

To launch it I have just double clicked on the .jar in Windows explorer. Am I missing some configuration file or can your software detect my router automatically and assumes PSX is on 127.0.0.1:10747 etc?

Just a thought:
Would it be possible to send the data directly to XView? I could make the interface look just like the PSX main server or I could just take a data stream in some agreed format. It would need an option to alter the ip addresses. The reason for this is that smoothing of the data is required to get planes moving realistically in the scenery world and it would be easier if this was done in one place rather than PSX do some, then I smooth the PSX data before pumping it into X-Plane.

Cheers,

Mike
Ok chaps, problem solved. Download the updated jar and it'll work again, at least for now.

Cheers

- Balt
mikeindevon wrote
Just a thought:
Would it be possible to send the data directly to XView? I could make the interface look just like the PSX main server or I could just take a data stream in some agreed format. It would need an option to alter the ip addresses. The reason for this is that smoothing of the data is required to get planes moving realistically in the scenery world and it would be easier if this was done in one place rather than PSX do some, then I smooth the PSX data before pumping it into X-Plane.

You can do that by reading the foreflight broadcast output sent by the RealTraffic plugin. Just listen for the UDP packets as described here: https://www.foreflight.com/support/network-gps/

Once you have that implemented, I'm happy to rename the checkbox "Broadcast Foreflight/Visual PSX data" :-)

Cheers

- Balt
whats the update to v2 include?
continued support and your much appreciated contribution to a couple of beers at Sydney prices each year... ;-)

Cheers

- Balt

Page: « < ... 3 4 5 6 7

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software