Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

VisualPSX Suite released

Page: « < ... 7 8 9 10 11

Author Post
Re LLBG problem:

http://aerowinx.com/forum/topic.php?id=2782
brian747 wrote
I mention this just in case you may wish to test the new version at EGLL prior to release. ;)

I have and it works. :D

Hardy Heinlin wrote
I just reduced the tolerance for the distance criterion from 0.15 to 0.03 nm. This should fix the problem. Available soon in 10.0.4-beta1.

Thanks Hardy.

Cheers,

Thanks Garry and Hardy.

If there is a problem with the runways at LLBG, and there is, it is in FSX and not PSX since both runways 21 and 26 are today (much) longer than they are in FSX.

Cheers,
>> "I mention this just in case you may wish to test the new version at EGLL prior to release. ;) "

> "I have and it works. :D "

Fantastic!! Thank you so much, Garry! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Huge thanks to you, too, Hardy (I have also thanked you in your 10.0.4. Update thread). :)

Sincere congratulations, gentlemen! And enormous thanks for making PSX and its add-ons the very best of the best.

Cheers,

Brian
When using RunwaysPSX.exe to create the matching table I have set the tickbox to include Addon airports.

However, it seems to me that only addons inside the Addon-Scenery folder are being processed and the two addon folder structures UK2000 and Aerosoft directly under the main FSX folder are not being included in the results.

Because I can find no way of checking this I thought the simple way of finding out was to ask here. :D

I haven't noticed any problems with misaligned runways (sofar) but like having things straight in my head!

Kind regards
Simon
Hi Simon,

That problem is fixed in the next update, not yet released.

Cheers,

Is there a good 747 model (not the default) I can use that has all the lights working realistically?
« Last edit by GodAtum on Sun, 05 Apr 2015 17:46:14 +0000. »
Hi gary, your website appears to be down.
Hi Garry,

Something interesting I noticed.
When I select Disable all approach offsets there are no alignment problems for runway 26 (maybe because it doesn't confuse with runway 21, I don't know).

One more thing I noticed is that any tiny touch on the brake pedals makes the outside view to pitch aggressively. Can that be solved?

Cheers,
Hi Avi,

Avi wrote
When I select Disable all approach offsets there are no alignment problems for runway 26 (maybe because it doesn't confuse with runway 21, I don't know).

When approach offsets are disabled the FSX aircraft is at the same position as PSX. The FSX runway 26 must be very close to the real world position that PSX uses.

This is not the case at many other airports. If you fly with offsets disabled you will eventually discover some where the FSX runway is misaligned with the PSX runway.

Avi wrote
One more thing I noticed is that any tiny touch on the brake pedals makes the outside view to pitch aggressively. Can that be solved?

I checked my code and found that VisualPSX passes the PSX pitch to FSX unchanged. I suspect that your pedals are applying heavier braking than you intend. PSX's PFD would confirm this if it is the case.

Cheers,

Garry Richards wrote
Avi wrote

I checked my code and found that VisualPSX passes the PSX pitch to FSX unchanged. I suspect that your pedals are applying heavier braking than you intend. PSX's PFD would confirm this if it is the case.

No, this is (was) not the reason.
I'm working at the moment with a single computer so I suspected that when I applied brakes, both PSX and FSX independently applied brakes. Once I disabled the joystick for FSX, problem solved.

Thanks,
Glad you solved it.

Cheers,

Is the simconnect CTD problem solved with Visual PSX and P3D V2.5 ?
I would really like to try the Casablanca CAT II Manual approach with P3D weather effect.
I have tried with XPX and XView, but unfortunately, XPX remove all clouds layer below 2000ft and the weather with this situation file is like having 9999 for the visibility and I can see the runway lights soon enough before minimums.

Stephane
calimhiro wrote
Is the simconnect CTD problem solved with Visual PSX and P3D V2.5 ?
I would really like to try the Casablanca CAT II Manual approach with P3D weather effect.
I have tried with XPX and XView, but unfortunately, XPX remove all clouds layer below 2000ft and the weather with this situation file is like having 9999 for the visibility and I can see the runway lights soon enough before minimums.

Stephane

Don't expect any better in FSX :-(

Unfortunately PSX weather can't be made to feed ASN... I believe that way we might get into something interesting....

Using only SIMCONNECT or FSUIPC to inject weather into FSX is not sufficient / effective. The "Send PSX Weather to FSX" option in VisualPSX gives that same CAVOK for the Casablanca situ. My only chance of replicating the situation with plausible weather depiction is to use ASN with user-defined weather / METAR and disable that option of Visual PSX.

Actually, most of the time my coupled PSX-FSX:SE flights are vlown in real weather, with ASN feeding FSX:SE...
« Last edit by jcomm on Thu, 07 May 2015 09:05:17 +0000. »

Page: « < ... 7 8 9 10 11

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software