Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Latest VisualPSX and FSX Lock

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi,

I downloaded the latest suite yesterday, and was unable to get VisualPSX to put FSX into position lock mode.

I placed PSX at a gate prior to connecting to FSX, and FSX slewed correctly, and the runway even appeared to be aligned correctly between FSX and PSX, but I'm unsure if that was a fluke for that airport.

The aircraft was shutdown, the parking brake was OFF, I toggled the beacon on/off but to no avail. The FSX model correctly followed the PSX config.

Any ideas?
VisualPSX appears to be unstable - FSX is locking up after only a few seconds of motion. PSX frame rate drops to 4 FPS, and the network module crashes requiring a restart of PSX to get it working again.
Hmm - I think it was vPilot traffic proxy that was killing things. Seems to be OK so far without it.
Sorry, my mistake. I checked the manual and discovered an oversight. The conditions for VisualPSX to go into lock mode are actually:

PSX is stationary;
The park brake must be ON;
The Nav lights must be on;
The beacon must be off.

The next version will also require that the runway turnoff lights be off because they will be used to activate a new feature.

Cheers,

Ahh! I'll try it with the park brake ON. Thanks! :)
What's that "Lock" mode ?
« Last edit by brian747 on Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:28:15 +0000. »
Thx Brian, I've tried all that, but probably not 100% correct...
brian747 wrote
* (Stationary aircraft)

What exactly is a stationary aircraft?
« Last edit by brian747 on Tue, 31 Mar 2015 05:28:27 +0000. »
Comment from Garry in the main thread:

"I have found and fixed an anomaly in VisualPSX that prevents it from assigning runway offsets in some circumstances. I refer to it as an anomaly rather than a bug because I am not sure if it is due to some change I made to VisualPSX or that Hardy made to PSX. In any event it was a one line fix that will appear in the next update to VisualPSX."

"I have now cleared all known bugs from the VisualPSX suite and have finished adding new features. I will be able to release it shortly after I have updated the manual and other documentation."

See his full post at:

http://aerowinx.com/forum/topic.php?post=27757#post27757

B.

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software