Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Technical problem

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi,

I'm struggle with a problem. Since i'm using Windows 7 pro in combination with internet exporer 11 i'm not able to login to the forum anymore. i always get the message that is not posible to send and recieve cookies with my browser. I already tried some other browsers but always the same problem. I'm using my old setup now to contact the forum with this question. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Regards,
Freddy.
If you need to enable cookies, try clicking on the following inside IE 11: Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Sites. Then type in this site's web address (ie, aerowinx.com) and select that you wish to always allow cookies from this site.

I hope that will help you, though with so many different Internet Explorer / Windows combinations it might work slightly differently on your machine.

The alternative is to forget Microsoft altogether and get yourself a Mac. Much easier! :)
Freddy, I'm using the same setup, and no problems with this site.

Perhaps you could try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317689

which suggests that your bookmark for this site could be corrupted.

Hope this helps.

Shiv
fredje wrote
I always get the message that is not posible to send and recieve cookies with my browser. I already tried some other browsers but always the same problem.

If you try to save a file in c:\programs (lets say a *.doc or so), does that work?

I had some trouble with Windows 7 when trying to write a
file where I am not the owner of the folder (hey, I'm admin!),
I have not figured out why it is that way. Basically what I had
to do is taking ownership of the folder and subfolders, which
is quite a few clicks away. So if the above test does not work,
it may have something to do with your user-privileges.
Not sure if that is the problem, though..
Hi,

Thanks for tips but the problem still exists. I have to reinstal my old computer with Windows xp to post messages on te forum. Otherwise i recieve the message 'this feature is disabled because this board can not set or read cookies with your browser.
I searched and found de cookies map and deleted all the cookies so i could start with an empty map. I found 1 cookie in the map after truying to log in. The cookie go as follows: usebb_sid6vin0grk606i6m010m2rgvnj22aerowinx.com/9216133541811230376878288779729630376710*
So it seems i can recieve cookies from aerowinx but mayby it is not possible for aerowinx to read the cookie from my computer. Could it be a Norton 360 antivirus setup? Good suggestions are still very welcome. Within 4 days the antivirus on my old computer expires and probably closes the door to internet connections.

Thanks in advance,
Freddy.
Try disabling the antivirus. Maybe some security program tries
to run the browser in a sandbox, disabling any cookies?
Internet should still work without antivirus, no worries. Also,
try to run your browser with admin rights (right click on
the icon, "run as admin").

Perhaps a computer-related forum would be a better help! :)
Thanks Frumpy but i already don that with no difference.

Freddy.

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software