Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Permanently Paused

Page: 1

Author Post
Today a miserable monsoon day here in Delhi, so I thought I'd make it a PSX day.

Ran into a bit of trouble.
Since I got PSX working fine on my new MacBook Pro the only thing I hadn't done was hook up my external num pad. Did that and it worked fine.

However, I appears something else is screwed up.

Although, I can cycle through the various lay-outs, that is just about the only thing that works. The SIM shows Paused, even though when I go into Instructor-Situation-Time neither boxes are ticked?

When I try to load a different situation, the description shows up, but on the bottom bar it still shows Load - End of last session.situ. Not sure it that is normal when Paused?

None of my Mac Key seem to work, so I assume its something to do with my Mac keyboard in combination with the external num pad that made this happen. I tried rebooting etc, but all to no avail. Anybody any suggestions?

Thanks

Jeroen
If PAUSED is indicated on the flight deck frame while the Paused checkbox is off on the Instructor, the whole program has crashed.

Are you using Java 8 update 45? Update 45 has some bugs.

Regards,

|-|ardy
I'm using Java 8 update 45.

Hadn't given me any problems until I tried to use the num pad in combination with the joystick. I just restored an older version via Time Machine and that ran fine, until I plugged in the num pad

Where can I still get the earlier version and can I just install that one, or do you need to uninstall the 8-45 first?

Thanks
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/archive-139210.html

Courtesy of Farrokh.... HTH.

C
Thanks, I've downloaded the -31 which hopefully works.
Do I need to remove the other version first, or just install this -31 one?

Thanks
Jeroen
Jeroen:

I am running 8.0._25 and haven't had a need to move up... happy with frames on my Mid 2014 rMBP....

User posted image

As far as removing other Java versions... not sure, perhaps one of our more techie members can offer a thought...

Best- C
« Last edit by cavaricooper on Mon, 10 Aug 2015 01:11:04 +0000. »
Any Java guru's who can advise how to downgrade a few Java version on a Mac?/
Thanks
Jeroen
Did you try to uninstall Java .45 and install the .31 version afterwards?
I have been looking around the web to try an find how to install the .45 version. In all honesty, I can't make head nor tail from anything I find. People are talking in commands and I have no idea.

Is there a simple way to remove the .45 for a computer illiterate such as me? I bought a Mac because if I want to remove something I dump it in the delete bin. That's the level of instruction I can understand

Jeroen
Greetings, Jeroen

You probably have already come across this in your searches, but since you've not got a suitable reply as yet, I thought I'd offer it up.

It's about reverting Java 7.xx to Java 6.xx, but I think it should work to restore your computer to the factory Java, and then of course you can install the one you want.

Hope it works.

Cheers,
Shiv
Hi Shiv,
Thanks. See the stciky post at the top of this section of the forum. joerg managed to,guide me through. Everything seems to be working fine now, although I havent had the time to do a very thorough test.

Take care
Jeroen
Okay, I missed that -- sorry.

Glad it's all sorted out.

Shiv

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software