Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Removing brown bezels from screens for cockpit builders

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi there,

in one of the next updates I'd like to add a master checkbox in the PSX preferences that replaces all brown instrument bezels on the PSX graphics by black areas.

Previously I considered adding multiple checkboxes for blanking certain bezels individually. But then I realized that there is probably no cockpit builder in the world that uses a mix of hardware panel surrounded PSX graphics and plain PSX graphics on one and the same PSX instance. E.g. if you use the left PFD & ND screens of a PSX instance behind a hardware bezel, you won't care if the brown bezels are removed from all PFDs and NDs and CDUs etc. on that same PSX monitor, right? (Each PSX instance has its own preference settings; the master switch refers to the related PSX instance only.)

That's why I think a single master switch is sufficient. This switch should remove the brown bezels from the following instruments:

PFD L & R
ND L & R
EICAS upper & lower
CDUs L, C, R

Anything else?

Regards,

|-|ardy
Hardy-

Perhaps the standby display as well (ISFD)? ONE DAY I hope to join those exalted ranks ;)

Best- C
You want the ISFD bezel and ISFD switches to be black?

« Last edit by Hardy Heinlin on Mon, 27 Jul 2015 16:09:01 +0000. »
I am also using the PSX clocks on two small vga screens.
Greg
You want the clock bezels and clock switches to be black?
|-|

Probably best answered by someone already using the ISFD displayed through a HW panel....

Ta- C

Yes please !
Hessel
And please also a possibility to remove the shadow effect of the clock from 42 sek to 8 sek. :)

Peter
That's vector graphic stuff, sorry! I can only replace the bezel bitmaps, and maybe the switch bitmaps.

I'll check how much work it would be ... But it's probably too much.

|-|ardy
Great idea hardy...

Re the ISFD:after removing the bezel graphic, the +/-/APP/etc switches fall outside the "zoom" of the hardware bezel, so I think this may not be absolutely necessary - however, if the baro knob can be removed, that would be great - you then get a clear 1/4 circle cutout on the bottom right, which lines up nicely with the hardware bezel -

Adding the 2 RMI's in this list? If you remove the graphics outside the RMI "glass", builders can use a screen here...

cheers,

fc
Hardy Heinlin wrote

Yes Please.
Hi Hardy,

another YES please here!

Thanks a lot for this very helpful master switch!! :D

BR Hans
Hardy,

Another vote for a tick box that allows removing of any bitmaps would be brilliant. Just get rid of everything then its perfect for any of our screens which just display avionics. Saves hunting round and blanking out the images in an image editor.

Could I also ask that this option changes the divider colour from the pale green/blue to black?

Regards
Gary
Yes please!

Ta- C

Gary Oliver wrote
Hardy,

Could I also ask that this option changes the divider colour from the pale green/blue to black?

Regards
Gary
The tiny white software triangles are also slightly in the way (double here with hardware).
Not really fundamental, but I write it here in this thread, for you never know what's possible...

User posted image

Hessel

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software