Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Waypoint names on Navigraph charts versus PSX navdata

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi,
I am a bit confused regarding the waypoint names on the navigraph charts versus the PSX nav database.

If for example I look at the ILS OR LOC 16 chart for LOWW I see on the Navigraph chart the NERDU6L RNAV approach, in the ARR page of the PSX CDU it is NERDU5L

The waypoints on the chart are
NERDU WW618, WW679, WW675, WW673,WW672 WW671
On the ARR page of the PSX CDU it is
NERDU WW871 WW896 WW 675 WW673 WW672 en WW671

So the first 2 waypoints are different names, do these names change on a regular basis?
Or do different providers, ( jeppessen) use different names?
Thanks for explaining
Ivo
Have you got the latest PSX database ?

http://aerowinx.com/forum/topic.php?id=2631

Don't know if related to this - just a guess...
Hi Ivo,

the WWnnn-Names are names which are published by the Austrian authorities (Austrocontrol) in the AIP, see the official AIP chart . So, the chart publisher (Jeppesen, etc..) cannot use arbitrary names like they do for unnamed fixes.

Since the AIP charts shows a revision date of May 28th 2015 with a change of NERDU6L, it is quite likely that the arrival changed from 5L to 6L at the end of May, and hence the waypoint names changed, too. (Yeah, that's right. Here is the old NERDU5L chart (p.18 ).)

So, the PSX database contains 5L, while the latest charts is 6L. That happens occasionally, when updating the NavDB only once a year. But note that the change is minor, only WW871 moved approx. 1 mile to the south to become WW681 (same for WW896).

Markus
Hi,
Thanks Jose and Marcus.
how stupid of me, should have realized that all revisions of charts after March can be different then the PSX nav database.
this one is effective 21 of May 2015.
Since Hardy chose to update once a year for economical reasons this will be the case for more charts.
In real life the charts always match the navdata.
thanks for explaining.
ps: still have the duplicate strip from the registration of PS1 some 15 years ago,
also send to Reutlingen. So you are neighbors .
ivo
Forget this old PS1 address from the last century, Ivo; it's no longer valid :-)
Not exactly neighbours, but I'm maybe the user (*) closest to Aerowinx company headquarters. 8) . At least until Torsten M. (remember him from PS1 days?) buys his copy...

Markus

(*) maybe the closest forum user, only. :P

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software