Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Saitek Throttle ( Proflight Throttle )

Page: 1

Author Post
Hello!

I require some assistance as I'm having serious problems to get my Saitek-Proflight Throttle running on PSX:

When in the PSX USB-Options menu, the throttle axis shows a value of "1000", as long as the throttle is in the idle detent. However, when moving the throttles forward, the values immediately increase suddenly from "1000" to "0" ( ommitting all values between "1000" and "1" ) and then the value decreases with further throttle motion to "-1000", or so.

What happens: when moving the throttles out of the idle detent, the PSX throttles "jump" from idle to about 70% N1. When pushing the throttles further, everything works normal from 70% up to max N1 ( fine inputs and thrustsetting possible with the Saitek Throttles ).

The problem is between idle and around 70% N1, as I can only set idle, or at least 70% power using my Saitek throttles. No thrust settings in between seem to be possible.

I'd be happy if someone could provide some assistance here.

Best regards, Toto
Hello,

enter "0" in the associated Neutral edit field.

Edit: Sorry, I misunderstood your problem. "0" is probably already entered. If the signal indication doesn't go gradually from 1000 to -1000 then the problem lies outside of PSX. It just indicates what PSX receives from the computer's USB system. Maybe another program interrupts the throttles?

Regards,

|-|ardy
« Last edit by Hardy Heinlin on Thu, 09 Jul 2015 14:18:11 +0000. »
Most probably you're using another joystick with a slider / throttle that is also being identified for that function in PSX's USB menu ( ? )
Hello Hardy!

I've tried different values in the box, including "0", nothing happended.

Maybe someone using the Saitek proflight throttle satisfactorily could post his settings here.

@jcomm: I've got no other joystick connected to my system. All other not used axes are set to "off" in the PSX Menu.

@Hardy: I've received my PSX a few days ago, so I'm new here: great support!
In that case I would reboot the computer.
Hello Toto,

if you happen to use Windows 7, it could be useful to check your USB game controller settings there in first place. Just click Start, then type USB game controller and you should see the appropriate entry. This is how the calibration dialog looks like:

User posted image

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software