Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

RealShear

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi all,

It gives me great pleasure (and a little bit of pride) to announce a plugin I've been working on for quite some time. I would like to thank Hardy for his great support building additional features that were needed into PSX to make this as realistic as everything else in PSX. We can now simulate microbursts and windshear just like the big simulators!

Note that PSX 10.0.5 beta 9 or later is required (RealShear checks that you have the correct version).

New licensing options
After some critical thinking I have come to the conclusion that I should offer more flexible licensing options. There is now a FREE license (does not include the historical shear events however), a STANDARD license at $9.99, a PATRON license at $49.99 for those who would like to show their support, and the unchanged COMMERCIAL license at $199.99. Each license is valid for a year. This ensures support can go on and future developments can be implemented.

I will update this post as updates become available.

See the release history below for details on what's new. Here's the link to the information/download page: http://www.inside.net/ss/realshear-for-psx/

Cheers

- Balt

Release History:
-----------------
06 July 2015: v1.0.3
- Plot annotation labels vertical for improved legibility
- Fixed version check error
- Made Charlotte 1994 shear accident available in free version
- Added Continental Airlines 63 takeoff windshear incident at Tucson

28 June 2015: v1.0.1
- 4 tier licensing scheme implemented
27 June 2015: v1.0.0
- first public release
« Last edit by Balt on Mon, 06 Jul 2015 05:15:14 +0000. »
Thank you Balt! I'll evaluate the add-on over the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Dejan
Hi Balt,

Thanks for making this addon - !

I downloaded the mac version - (Created: Sunday, 28 June 2015 2:42 pm) IM getting an error message when running realshear with the latest PSX build - 10.0.5

The message im getting is:

RealShear requires at least PSX 10.0.5-beta5. You have 10.0.5 Navtech, Inc (cycle 1503)

Mac Book Pro, OS: 10.9.5

cheers and thanks again...!

fc
That was due to a minor coding error, fixed in version 1.0.2. Further items included in the 1.0.2 update:

- Plot annotation labels vertical for improved legibility
- Fixed version check error
- Made Charlotte 1994 shear accident available in free version

Cheers

- Balt

Hardy: Could I ask you to please add this add-on to your addons page? Not sure what the relevant category might be, perhaps it warrants its own "Training" or "Environment" category.
« Last edit by Balt on Mon, 06 Jul 2015 00:41:47 +0000. »
I've (obviously) missed something when installing your program. It starts with a message that no valid license was found. I got the code, but have not found how to get it into the installed file.

Point me to that instruction please.

jj
Click the license button and enter the details. That process could perhaps be simplified by offering to open the license dialog if no license was found. Maybe in 1.0.3 :-)

EDIT: I've changed the message when no license was found to be a little more helpful on how to add/obtain the license.

Cheers

- Balt
« Last edit by Balt on Mon, 06 Jul 2015 05:16:22 +0000. »
For the record: Added to ...
http://aerowinx.com/html/addons.html
Thanks Hardy, much appreciated!
Hi Balt, looks interesting.
Feel free to contact me to come out and have a play with this program with the full motion PSX simulator.
Cheers,
Matt

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software