Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

[cockpit building]: IOCARDS

Page: 1

Author Post
Hello,

Maybe it is not the right place, as this forum is PSX dedicated, but I'll try to help you. I use many IOCards myself in my simulator, so I think I am right to answer :D

The USBExpansion card allows you to connect 4 master. But you can use any number of USBExpansions on the same computer, giving you the possibility to have more than 4 master cards on the same computer.

When you have more than 1 USBExpansion in use, you must setup the file sioc.ini accordingly in order to declare the IDX (Device Index) you want to use for each USBExpansion. The inputs will always be numbered from 0 to 287 on a USBExpansion. So if you have, say, 3 USBExpansions in use, you'll have, for example, 3 inputs #7. To point to the right input in your script, you have to define the IDX of the USBExpansion the input is connected to.

You can use multiple scripts, but I personally use only one script for a full cockpit (USBExpansions, USBDimmer, USBOutputs, USBServos). The script is huge, but is working very fine.

You can find many informations in the sioc.ini file which is providen with SIOC by default, and here : http://www.opencockpits.com/uploads/manual_ini_eng.pdf

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Thanks a lot for your answer. I understood and that was exactly what I needed . So thanks again for your answer!
You're welcome ;)

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software