Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Simfest Crew Event

Page: 1 2 >

Author Post
Hi All,

The Simfest group are holding one of their by now (nearly) world-famous events on Friday 19th June to Sunday 21st June, flying from South to North America, (Argentina to Alaska) via some island-hopping in the Caribbean.

First departure each day will be about 1000Z and finish at about 2200Z. We will have Gary Oliver's PSX-powered 747 sim for days 1 and 3, and the Simfest B737 will be doing the Caribbean routes on day 2.

We expect to be live on TWITCH, as well as VATSIM. There is no obligation but we hope to raise a nice sum for charity, as usual!

Connect up and join in - either with your jet, or on TWITCH!

More details to follow shortly..;-)

Looking forward to seeing some of you there...

http://www.simfest.co.uk/

Peter
« Last edit by Britjet on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 09:23:05 +0000. »
Britjet has written a superb Route Information Manual (RIM) for our first days flying. If you're thinking of flying along with us I would recommend having a good read, it's available on the event page that Britjet has linked to.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing your terrified faces as we zip along the runway at La Paz!
The route information has now been updated with the first two sectors on Day 3 (Kingston-Mexico City-Las Vegas) in addition to all of Day 1.

It is available on www.simfest.co.uk.

A lot of preparation is going on at the moment - updating PSX, scenery and of course putting the finishing touches to Gary's recent sim upgrade, and we expect to be ready to start from Buenos Aires (SAEZ) at 1000z tomorrow (Friday 19th June).

Try out the route information yourself on a private sector - or better still fly along with us.
We regret we can't do a direct IP connection but Twitch TV will be live with our humour and daft goings-on, as well as (hopefully) some pro operation of the two sims.

Why not fly along - or how about organising a multi-crew event in parallel with a friend? PSX is ideal for that!

We hope to see you this weekend!

Cheers

Peter
« Last edit by Britjet on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:49:26 +0000. »
Hi,

are you guys on Twitch TV at the moment? It isn't loading on my system ...

Cheers,

|-|ardy
Looks like a great event.

I'll be watching on Twitter when I can.

The route information has been a great read so far Britjet!
I'm an idiot. Today's Thursday.
I was out last night, so couldn't watch live. But I just watched some parts of the archived video stream. Thanks for this stream! I found it pretty entertaining :-)

A couple of times the wind and baro pressure suddenly changed. I've never noticed this in PSX itself. Were these injections from an add-on and intentional by design (maybe for testing)?

Cheers,

|-|ardy
Hi Hardy

We have an add-on at the moment which is injecting external weather into PSX - with some teething troubles, as you will have seen!

Peter
« Last edit by Britjet on Sat, 20 Jun 2015 19:47:49 +0000. »
Gents, how does one watch an archived stream? Thx in advance!

EDIT: Figured it out!

Dejan
« Last edit by Deki on Sat, 20 Jun 2015 16:21:49 +0000. »
To see the archived video..

Click on the "Simfestuk" text at top left, then "Past Broadcasts"..

Out of interest the "19th June" archive features a loss of hydraulic contents to No 4 system, and how we dealt with it. The issue starts at 10 hrs 24 mins elapsed on the video.

Enjoy!

Peter
Supporting the cause! Great event! Just as well my wife is overseas ;-). BAW47C is about 20nm on my six, depicted on the TFC.

http://www.hoppie.nl/forum/var/image1.JPG
Hardy,

Not saying that it wasn't our weather program but we did some further investigation.

We inject :-

a) Tropopause Alt fixed at 36,000
b) Winds at Tropopause to current winds at FL360 (DIR and SPD) <--we did have an issue here where we would inject 300kts but that was fixed
c) Temp at Tropopause.

We found that the Baro jumps seems to be coming from PSX changing the baro in the weather areas but not smoothing it. For example...

Station MMPB - QNH1025 in Position 1 on the wxr page and focused.
It then changed position 1 to KT65 QNH1015 but didn't become focused
Then it changed to MMTO position 1 - QNH1031 focused

each time we got a jump in Altitude.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Gary

PS: Thanks Deki for the donation and good to have you with us!
Gary, I just started a new thread:

http://aerowinx.com/forum/topic.php?id=2971

Cheers,

|-|ardy
Deki's KLM666 and Simfest's BAW47C formation flying on MMMX to KLAS leg.

http://www.hoppie.nl/forum/var/KL666+BAW47C.jpg

p.s. Apologies for the poor quality of the image.

Dejan
Hi,

Dejan has very 'kindly' organised a little bit of fun for th crew on the next sector. If your free might be worth a watch to see Britjet live in action!
This is quiet entertaining on the projector. Love this community!

http://www.hoppie.nl/forum/var/image1.JPG

Dejan
Live feed

http://www.twitch.tv/simfestuk
Re 2 eng out and LNAV/VNAV inop: I've been told that LNAV/VNAV guidance is available only for up to 1 e/o; that's why this rule is also set in PSX. But I can't recall the source of this information. If someone can confirm LNAV/VNAV works with any number of inop engines, I'll remove that rule from PSX.

|-|
For those in mood for some light humour...watch simfest's Sunday archived video (Total length 3:43:32) and jump to 3:31:40 elapsed. Peter and Gary briefing senior cabin crew member Mavis on an escalating situation (Eng 2 and 4 failure. low fuel).

Top show gents!

Cheers,

Dejan
Hardy Heinlin wrote
Re 2 eng out and LNAV/VNAV inop: I've been told that LNAV/VNAV guidance is available only for up to 1 e/o; that's why this rule is also set in PSX. But I can't recall the source of this information. If someone can confirm LNAV/VNAV works with any number of inop engines, I'll remove that rule from PSX.

|-|

Not sure myself. I seem to remember seeing this is the big sim as well once, but can't be sure. Sorry. There appears to be no tech information on this at all. Strange one...
Yet if this was the case you would think it would be in the Boeing QRH...

Peter
« Last edit by Britjet on Mon, 22 Jun 2015 16:58:31 +0000. »
Dejan,

I would just like to say on behalf of all of us at Simfest, a very big thank you for your very generous contributions to the charities.

Peter
I tried to take a listen to the podcast, but apparently the sound has been muted by someone who thinks it's a copyright violation!
What - the Elvis music?
OMG....
400guy wrote
I tried to take a listen to the podcast, but apparently the sound has been muted by someone who thinks it's a copyright violation!

It's only when music was playing during the turnarounds, the rest of the audio is fine. You can tell the bits that have been muted as they have a red bar in the timeline.

Mavis is still there looking mighty fine!
I'm still trying to find the moment i was walking past the cockpit door with it open and I tripped over, all you see is me doing a dive past the door.

Page: 1 2 >

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software