Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

ViualPSX Suite upgrade to v 6.1 nd 7.1 released

Page: « < 1 2 3

Author Post
Garry Richards wrote
Hi Peter,

If you are running WidevieW with VisualPSX they may be interfering with each other. Both are sending attitude and position data, although they use different ports. VisualPSX doesn't use extrapolation so that's not a possible cause.

Cheers,

Hi Garry

Thanks for the reply. No, I'm not using WIDEVIEW server at the same time as VisualPSX, although the client is "listening" on P3D. I'll try switching that off to see if it makes a difference, although a couple of other friends have the same issue and aren't using WIDEVIEW at all..

Peter.
Hi Peter,

another idea: Are you sure the occassional microfreeze doesn't occur in PSX itself? If it does, does it occur during dusk and dawn about once per minute? If so, you should assure the "Sunlight intensity on flight deck" option is not set to "Dynamic" on Instructor > Preferences > Basics.

Also, are you sure the microfreeze is caused by bank and pitch changes? For sure it is apparent during bank and pitch motion, but that doesn't necessarily mean the motion being the cause of it. (If it's in PSX itself, it's caused by dynamic flight deck brightness updates during gradual dusk and dawn transitions.)

Cheers,

|-|ardy
PSX seems to be smooth, but I'll have a look at that Hardy, thanks..

Peter
I noticed that first setting FPS to Unlimited in FSX:SE, and latter to 72 FPS, brings any stutters down to a minimum, even rare, event...
Ok, thanks, - I generally use unlimited - P3D slider won't allow 72
« Last edit by Britjet on Sun, 07 Jun 2015 17:55:25 +0000. »
I've followed HH's advice and not only disbled the dynamic cockpit lighting effects, but also the windshield views, since I am not really using it when the visuals are FSX:SE...

Hardy, does disabling windshield views grant a few more fps in PSX, on slower CPUs ?
« Last edit by jcomm on Sun, 07 Jun 2015 18:42:11 +0000. »
jcomm wrote
Hardy, does disabling windshield views grant a few more fps in PSX, on slower CPUs ?

Depends. Just check the FPS indicator.
Hi Andrea,

Please try RunwaysPSX Beta03. It generates a log file of its progress and any errors it encounters. Errors are indicated by an asterisk at the start of the line.

If I am correct it will run to completion. Could you please post the contents of the log file here if there are only a few lines.

Thanks,

Thank'you Garry, just tried, it lasted about 1 sec and produced this log:

RunwaysPSX for P3D v2, Version 7.1 Beta03
6/8/2015 1
Found P3D_V2
User selected P3D_V2
Extracting addon airports

then it quit without further notice

Thanks again

Andrea

Garry Richards wrote
Hi Andrea,

Please try RunwaysPSX Beta03. It generates a log file of its progress and any errors it encounters. Errors are indicated by an asterisk at the start of the line.

If I am correct it will run to completion. Could you please post the contents of the log file here if there are only a few lines.

Thanks,
Good Morning Garry,

You must be agreeable surprised that you have not had correspondence with me re Visual PSX suite. You must admit I gave you a few grey hairs with Visual PS last time!

Your program has performed for me perfectly and for this I thank you.

However!!!

Can you explain in your instructions for slewing to gate positions
"Ensure that the VisualPSX status page shows that FSX is locked"

Only on one occasion did I get the slew function to work!

Secondly, the on line programs do not show up in Traffic PSX.
This is not a problem as flying on line works ok.

Regards

Derek
Thanks Andrea. The error is where I expected, but not what I expected. Please try RunwaysPSX Beta04. That should give more information about the error.

Hi Derek,

Yes, PS1 was a much harder beast to tame when trying to network it. Given it was a pure DOS program it took a lot of clever programming by various developers, with Hardy's help, to enable it to function in a networked, online, Windows environment.

PSX has proved to be much more developer-friendly, having been designed from the ground up for networking and addon development. Hardy has done an extraordinary job as we all know.

You appear to using an old version of the VisualPSX manual. Make sure you have downloaded and are using the latest version of each program in the package. The slew conditions have been changed and simplified. Refer to page 16 of the current manual.

What online programs are you referring to in TrafficPSX?

Cheers,

Good Afternoon Garry,

IF ALL ELSE FAILS READ THE INSTRUCTIONS

Preferable the latest ones!

Working fine now Thank you

I am using Real Traffic which is showing on all traffic in the vicinity on PSX

Am I expecting to see the aircraft (or their equivalents) in FSX?

And, am I expecting them to be recorded in TrafficPSX?

Thank you once again.

Cheers

Derek
Hi Derek,

I'm afraid the manual is not clear on this procedure.

Select the Traffic tab in TrafficPSX then select the "Send PSX traffic to FSX" button. For use with RealTraffic you also need to check the "Send externally generated traffic" checkbox. After that click the "Save changes..." button.

TrafficPSX will restart and you should then see traffic relayed through RealTraffic in PSX, on the TrafficPSX status page and in FSX. The external aircraft displayed in FSX will always be identical to your 747 representing PSX in FSX.

Cheers,

Garry Richards wrote
The external aircraft displayed in FSX will always be identical to your 747 representing PSX in FSX.

Really? I didn't know that it was possible to see a model in FSX as well!
I just thought we got TCAS targets..
Should this work in P3D? It doesn't for me..

Peter
Tnx Garry, here's the log:

RunwaysPSX for P3D v2, Version 7.1 Beta04
6/9/2015 1
Found P3D_V2
User selected P3D_V2
Extracting addon airports

Andrea

Garry Richards wrote
Thanks Andrea. The error is where I expected, but not what I expected. Please try RunwaysPSX Beta04. That should give more information about the error.
Hi Garry,

May I ask - what is the option to "Send externally generated traffic" button in the Traffic Tab meant to do?

The reason I ask is that I am able to tick it (nothing happens) but when I save changes and restart it is unticked again.

I have TCAS targets on PSX ND from RealTraffic, but the status page on TrafficPSX just states "PSX traffic being sent to" (it doesn't say what to) and nothing is listed.
I have "External Traffic" selected in PSX.

I don't see anything visually on P3D...I see that version 7.0 implemented the ability to input traffic into FSX - is this not the case yet with P3D?

I am using P3D V2.5 and TrafficPSX 7.1 with RealTraffic.

Thanks

Peter
« Last edit by Britjet on Tue, 09 Jun 2015 19:21:58 +0000. »
Hi Andrea,

Nearly there I think. The logs are proving useful in narrowing down the problem area and cause. Please try RunwaysPSX Beta05.

Thanks again,

Hi Peter,

The good news is that you can see PSX TCAS traffic in FSX and P3D v1 and v2.

There's always a downside and that is that you have found a bug in TrafficPSX. I don't know how long it's been there but it prevents TrafficPSX from relaying externally generated traffic, such as that from RealTraffic to FSX/P3D. I will include a fix in the next release soon.

However, you can see traffic generated by PSX. Select "Send PSX traffic to P3D" in TrafficPSX then in the PSX instructor choose a situation with PSX airborne. Under the Human tab select "Start a semi-random preset". For the first conflict I suggest choosing "One intruder above, one below".

Enjoy!

Hi Derek,

As you can see from the above post a bug has been found in the external traffic part of TrafficPSX so it won't work properly until the next release.

Cheers,

Hi Garry,

That's excellent news!
Many thanks..

Peter
Garry Richards wrote
Hi Andrea,

Nearly there I think. The logs are proving useful in narrowing down the problem area and cause. Please try RunwaysPSX Beta05.

Thanks again,

yup working now, I was able to fly with P3D2 visuals. A bit jerky, tho (and the jerkiness reflects back on psx also), so I think it's tweaking time ....

Tnx

Andrea
That's what I wanted to hear Andrea! I will release a permanent version with those fixes shortly. Thanks for testing.

Cheers,

Page: « < 1 2 3

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software