Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Mac Keyboard without Num Pad

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi,

Does anyone know how to access the num pad keys on a Mac keyboard that doesn't have a num pad?

Thanks!
Only by adding an external usb/bluetooth numpad. :D

Contrary to most 'windows-targeted' notebooks the apple devices don't have a function key to enable a num pad within the layout - there is no combination of ctrl/alt/cmd or such like available.

I solved the problem by adding a bluetooth numpad...

Regards
Simon

PS. I'm very willing to be corrected on the subject by anyone who knows better!! :D
@simbro

Unfortunately you are correct, in so far as I can tell. I ordered an older Apple BT keyboard with number pad but it had issues, and so I am just using the newer version w/o the number pad. I use the mouse to select the occasionally used view layouts and have mapped the joystick hat-switch to the 5 most used view layouts. I keep vacillating between using all my hardware on the PCs, and getting totally minimalist when away with my rMBP..... still PSX allows for both- and that is fantastic!

Best- C
It's only a minor inconvenience. I was trying to program the FMC via the keyboard and suddenly realized I couldn't type the numbers.

I'll keep looking for a solution!
United744 wrote
It's only a minor inconvenience. I was trying to program the FMC via the keyboard and suddenly realized I couldn't type the numbers.

I'll keep looking for a solution!

Should you have an iPad handy...which I do when traveling....
http://www.psxremote.com

C

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software