Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

PSX BACARS - V2.0.7

Page: « < 1 2 3 4 5 > »

Author Post
Gary-

As someone who flies PSX on a networked dual PC setup AND a rMBP + iPad I was wondering if there had been any more thought about compiling BACARS for the Mac? If it is complex no worries, but if it is feasible- I'd be delighted.

Either way- thank-you- 'tis wonderful :)

Best- Carl
Looks like there may be an issue with windows 7. Has anyone successfully tested on 7?

8.1 only at home for me nowadays
Yup. Working fine for me on Win7.

Cheers,

Jon
For those experiencing the weird crash on start up can you try updating your .NET frame work with this download?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40773

The program is compiled for .NET 4.5.1 but those crash reports above reference .NET 4.0.

I am struggling to reproduce the issue.

Cheers
Gary
V1.95 Released

www.psxaddons.com/bacars

V1.95
====
RS232 Interface Added for Cabin Call Panel, just hook up pins 6/1/5 up to a USB FTDI Cable to make a real 747 cabin call panel work.

V1.91
====
WT/BALANCE only sends if Selected else invalid entry
ACARS Reports now Saved on CLOUDCARS Logbook (www.psxaddons.com/cloudcars) - WIP still
Decimal seperator of "," now works for those countries that use it.

V1.8
====
Fixed Button Handling code to stop pages overriding each other
Updates Vpilot Volume to that of the VHF L selector on the right ACP.
Uplinked Messages now split on ^ character
Updated Dispatch Station to Send ACARS Messages too
Menu Handling now no longer skips 2 menus back.
Crew Details can now be overwritten by user
VATSIM ATIS and MET now received as a TELEX message
TELEX Messages now printable
Stored Uplinks now overwrite older messages
Dispatch Client now support recieving of messages
Missing 5th Line of Acars Menu Added
Perf Req now on LSK6 as per real BA CDU
WT Balance Menu Now Working (Need to work on what actually gets send back)
Stored messages can be deleted with DELETE in scratchpad and then LSK the Message

Todo
===
Remove Topcat dependancy and add in PSXPerf
Cloudcars
Hi Gary,

I've installed V1.95. It opened, and as far as I can tell works perfectly, though I'm still working my way through all the functions.

I don't know what you changed, but it definitely did the trick. Many thanks for all your support during the troubleshooting! You're a scholar and a gentleman :).

Best wishes,

James.
James,

No worries!

I don't know what you changed

That makes two of us :P Good to hear its working now though.

Cheers
Gary
Hello Garry,

Thanks for this great add-on. Unfortunately I can only select BACARS from the 3rd (center) CDU. Is it intentional or did I miss something ?

Regards
Hi JP,

This is intentional, same as the real aircraft apparently :mrgreen:

Cheers
Gary
Thanks for the quick answer. In the real aircraft you can select ACARS from any CDU you want via the MENU page. Maybe there is an exception for the BACARS on BA airplanes ?
The cheap option? :)
Unfortunately I don't have the hardware 3rd CDU in my cockpit. The cheap solution for me too :mrgreen:

Cheers
I'll look at adding an option to display on any CDU in the next update for you.

Cheers
Gary
Great news. Thank you so much !

Regards
Hey Gary,

just tested your BACARS - unfortunately, it just crashes the FMC as soon as I select any FMC entry added by BACARS. The FMC becomes unresponsible. I connect to PSX over the local wired network from a Windows machine (BACARS) to a Linux machine (PSX). DOTNET Framework installed is 4.5.1, as suggested.

@Hardy: Even if I disconnect the BACARS client and load another situation, the BACARS menu entries are still there and will crash the FMC if selected. It's great, nonetheless, that the rest of the simulation is staying rock stable.

Cheers
Dennis
What do you mean by "FMC" and "FMC crash"? I have never used BACARS (I'm on the Mac), but I'm sure it does not add FMC entries. Or does it? Does it enter INIT REF values or ...?

Cheers,

|-|ardy
Dennis,

Never seen this before in testing, just to confirm you are using V1.95? You mean the <BACARS <SIM <SATCOM pages? Do they just show nothing? I doubt it is 'crashing' anything, just showing a blank page with no button handler.

Have you tried hitting the MENU button once or twice on the CDU to return to normal? We did have an issue where it was trying to override other pages due to a code error pre V1.95...

I have a V2.0 ready to go but I am just sorting out some logistics around the performance database before release, this also fixed a few inner coding issues around pages.

Cheers
Gary

PS: I have not tested connecting to a PSX instance which isn't running on Windows. I will test with OSX PSX Server tonight.
Gary-

As a user of PSX on Windows 7 and Mac OS I can't thank you enough! Thrilled to read this.

Best- C

Gary Oliver wrote
PS: I have not tested connecting to a PSX instance which isn't running on Windows. I will test with OSX PSX Server tonight.
V2.0 is now available.

Main thing to note is it no longer uses TOPCAT to do the calculations which means the figures will match those on PSXPERF which seems to do a good job of matching the BA figures on the RB211G Engines.

****Important******

You will need the TOPCAT database from c:\programfiles(x86)\common files\topcat\database.tdb and copy this to the Resources folder within the PSXBACARS Folder in order for it to be able to use the TOPCAT runway lengths database.

You also will need to remove any old versions from add/remove programs before running the installer. Future versions will now update automatically without needing to do this.

www.psxaddons.com as usual for the update.

Change Log as follows:-

V2.0
=====
Top Cat Replaced by PSX Perf Modules
Intersections Now Supported in CARD Data
You will need to copy an existing TOPCAT Performance Database from c:\programfiles(x86)\commonfiles\topcat to the root of
PSXBACARS install in order to get the runway database for performance data calculation (note TOPCAT is not called)

V1.96
=====
Card now Clears when leaving PERF REQ Page as per real aircraft
Card Entries now blank screen during processing in line with real aircraft
Option to override PSX Default ACARS - Not Supported at this stage.
Using the PERF REQ page and then other pages in the FMC should no longer cause overriding behavour
Will Now open without TOPCAT being installed but the Performance Data REQ will no longer work
Fixed "Invalid Entry" Eror when going back into SIM page after first open
Imports TOPCAT Database Files in preperation for Bennys Perf Data
Loading now Asyncronous to speed up loadtimes
METS now works

Cheers
Gary
« Last edit by Gary Oliver on Fri, 29 May 2015 20:06:37 +0000. »
V2.0.1 is now available which fixes a reversed VR and V2 in the Performance Data.
@Gary, @Hardy: I've been using BACARS v1.96 for testing. Sorry, I rather meant CDU than FMC. By "crashing" I mean that there is no response to any LSK press or other key presses from the CDU in question. Sometimes, there will be an <ACT> flag behind the BACARS entry when the regarding LSK is pressed, but nothing happens after that when any key on the CDU is pressed - including the MENU key of course. There are no blank pages, the MENU page just freezes after selecting the BACARS entry and the CDU (center CDU in my case) just seems to stop working. Cycling the regarding CB has no effect.

EDIT: Just tested v2.01, but with same results as above.

@Hardy: Even if I disconnect the BACARS client, stop the PSX server, and restart PSX without the server being started - as long as the last .situ file is loaded, the BACARS CDU entries are still there and the CDU refuses working. I have to load another situation to "reset" the CDU.

EDIT: Just tested connecting BACARS through Hoppie's Psx Router to PSX ... this constellation is working fine.

Cheers
Dennis
« Last edit by Dennis B on Sat, 30 May 2015 15:21:24 +0000. »
The situ stores the text displayed on the CDU, even if the add-on that has generated the text is no longer connected. That's normal. So, after situ loading, the add-on specific prompts may be displayed, but not necessarily functioning.

This may happen to the MENU page as well. The CDU keys may be linked with an add-on while the CDU display may still show the MENU page if the add-on fails to send its own text to the CDU display. The add-on must overwrite the display with new text.

If the MENU page is displayed but not functioning after an add-on is disconnected, the MENU page is not really reset and relinked with the CDU keyboard. To see the true MENU page after such a problem, press the MENU key on the CDU.

Cheers,

|-|ardy
Hardy Heinlin wrote
To see the true MENU page after such a problem, press the MENU key on the CDU.

Hi Hardy, this is not working, also. CDU still frozen. The whole problem seems to be rather specific to my configuration, isn't it? Luckily, BACARS is running fine when connected through Psx Router, so I don't worry. :D

@Gary: Is there any chance that you, in the future, will publish a few lines of documentation for BACARS? ;)
When the CDU doesn't work after add-on disconnection, is there any entry in Logs/error.txt?
@Gary: Is there any chance that you, in the future, will publish a few lines of documentation for BACARS? ;)

If someone writes it for me :-)

There was a manual but i forgot to include it in the latest release. Will try and get something written before the next version

Page: « < 1 2 3 4 5 > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software