Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

How big is big

Page: 1

Author Post
I would like to have a single big size monitor for PSX. What size would be good, and alternatively, would a TV be better?
FWIW I use a 65" Sony XBR TV at 1080p- allows for PFD/ND at full size (or larger if wanted). It has been great for the past 2 years (FSX, P3D, XP10 and PSX), however, with 4K available, I keep looking in that direction.....That will probably need Titan Blacks in SLI for adequate performance.

C
Hi Georges,

I serond Carl's advise: not only size is important, but also resolution! I've been getting used to 2560 x 1600 on a 30" for some years... and I'd hardly opt for a bigger size with less pixels!
Not sure PSx (alone) would require some SLI / Crossfire or some "monster" GPU... as I'm getting a steady 71 fps on a single AMD with 2GB VRAM. But... it's only 2.5K, and not 4K of course!
Another aspect to take into accound: heat. PSx sessions are quite likely to last several hours... so some proper cooling should be provided to the whole system.
I think I will try to find larger monitor, although it is easier to get a tv here in muscat than a big size monitor...
I use a 40 inch (HDMI 1920x1080) TV with 2 "small" additional monitors and am very satisfied.

User posted image

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software