Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Aerowinx Nav Database Update

Page: 1 2 >

Author Post
« Last edit by Hardy Heinlin on Fri, 08 May 2015 17:01:17 +0000. »
Just as you think it's quiet.
Unless I'm missing something (which is not unlikely <g>>) the links, except for the top one lead to the purchases of the full simulator and not the nav update !
Downloaded, very neat install.

Thank you Hardy,

Robert
Same question as 400guy here !
And another question, could you confirm it is cycle 1503 (which will be current on March 5th) ?

Charles
The Dutch one points at the actual database download; the others not (yet?).
Hi Charles,

it is cycle 1503.

Robert
Thank you !
Ordered and now waiting for the download link. Thanks Hardy.

/edit - Received two minutes later (it dropped into my Junk folder).
Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers wrote
The Dutch one points at the actual database download; the others not (yet?).

Probably on Monday.
Great News!!!

It works great, also the new Oceanic entry/exit points (like EMBOK and CLAVY) are now included.

Cheers,
Bastiaan
A question concerning the new and (old) database: There are no gates in the old and new database for KORD. Does anyone know the reason for that?
I've been told by Aerosoft Germany that they do not offer the Nav Database update by Navtech.
cdpohl wrote
I've been told by Aerosoft Germany that they do not offer the Nav Database update by Navtech.

I couldn't find it at Aerosoft USA...perhaps they are delayed with respect to selling the new release?

Phil Bunch
nobody wrote
A question concerning the new and (old) database: There are no gates in the old and new database for KORD. Does anyone know the reason for that?

For most US airports the database has no gates. It might have something to do with the introduction of GPS some years ago, i.e. using GPS coords instead of gate coords for IRS alignment position init. Although the gate database is actually intended for use on the FMC POS INIT page, it is used in PSX also for some visual tricks in the "scenery".

The person you asked was probably misunderstanding you, and not completely informed yet. This product does not belong to Aerosoft's nav data which, in fact, does not use Navtech. This product is called Aerowinx Nav Database Update.

I don't know why it's delayed. Just give them a few more days. It's cycle 1503 anyway.

Cheers,

|-|ardy
Apologies for what may be a dumb question but should the AIRAC cycle number displayed under About/Quit say "cycle 1503"? I've followed the installation instructions but it still shows "cycle 1403".

744kid
It should show "1503". What have you done?
Something wrong, I guess!

I downloaded the file on my Mac, though it appeared in my download folder as a folder, not a zip file. I first dropped that into Navigation/-New but that did nothing.

I removed the folder and compressed the folder into a zip file called nav1503.zip and dropped it back into Navigation/-New. On running PSX, I got the installing files message and the file then moves to Navigation/-Old. However, when I check About/Quit it still says cycle 1403.
I should add that it doesn't download as nav1503.zip. It arrives as a folder called "Navigation"
Just got it working, Hardy. The problem was downloading it through Safari, which automatically unzips the file.

I just downloaded again through Chrome and the file arrives zipped. It has now installed fine.

Sorry to have bothered you with this. I should have spotted this earlier.

Cheers.
Blame Safari for that :-)

How can Safari dare to unzip a downloaded file without confirmation from the user? The zip could've contained malware if it isn't downloaded from a trusted web site.

Cheers,

|-|ardy (using Firefox)
Safari has an option "Open 'safe' files after downloading". This option was ticked in my Safari preferences. It seems that this setting is responsible for unzipping Zip files automatically. The description by the setting doesn't mention this. It just says that "Safe files include movies, pictures, sounds, PDF and text documents and archives".

Now I know!

Perhaps it's time to use an alternative browser
744kid wrote
Safari has an option "Open 'safe' files after downloading". This option was ticked in my Safari preferences. It seems that this setting is responsible for unzipping Zip files automatically. The description by the setting doesn't mention this. It just says that "Safe files include movies, pictures, sounds, PDF and text documents and archives".

Now I know!

Perhaps it's time to use an alternative browser

Or just untick that box. It's a very dangerous box to have ticked and unticking it was the first thing I did when I rebuilt my iMac recently.
All four retailers listed above have the database now in stock.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Page: 1 2 >

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software