Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

RealTraffic 1.0 beta and updated Foreflight 2.0 beta

Page: « < ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Author Post
Thanks Hardy!

Question: Would it be possible for us addon developers to receive a pre-release 10.0.2 copy to make sure all works as expected? Otherwise it could be a rather mad rush to fix things in case the release breaks anything.

Cheers

- Balt
Hi Balt,

thanks again for your efforts to get RealTraffic running.
But, maybe I'm wrong, I think the lines(contrails) behind the targets should be to the opposite direction.

Regards Robert
Hi Robert,

They're not contrails, they're trend vectors, they show where the airplane will be in about 1 minute if speed and direction are maintained. It's all a matter of perspective. You'll get used to it... ;)

Balt
O.K
Hi all,

I discovered a flaw with how the address for the traffic broadcasts was derived. That's fixed now for both the Foreflight connector and RealTraffic. Please download the updates. And also note the changed URL: http://www.inside.net/ss/ where ss = simulation software.

I also improved the website a little bit, more coherence between the appearance of the products, and a clear statement what was changed between the versions. I was a bit sloppy beforehand.

Hardy: When you place a link to the Addons page, just send them to the /ss page please. Thanks!

Cheers

- Balt
Thanks Balt. Still nothing visible on P3D with the new PSX beta by the way..

Britjet..
I see them but intermittently, it sort of flashes on and off again. This is on the latest version
Hi guys,

sorry 10.0.2 doesn't solve it. I just tested 10.0.2 beta 1 and it no longer sends the double Qs450 messages when traffic is being injected. So that appears to not be the problem, sorry.

I really need the input from one of the scenery plugin developers, they're the only ones who can track the traffic data as it makes its way across the network and into the various components that need to know about it... Sorry I can't be of more help with this.

Cheers

- Balt
« Last edit by Balt on Sat, 31 Jan 2015 15:53:42 +0000. »
Hi Balt,

Good news! I've been able to check the TrafficPSX code and found a condition I had forgotten about. I use the PSX traffic mode variable to set external mode when injecting from FSX, but I also check that it is set to one of the PSX output values before accepting traffic from PSX. So it was rejecting all traffic resulting from injection. When I removed the condition I started seeing traffic in the TrafficPSX display.

So good data are being sent from PSX when you inject traffic into it. I will release an update to TrafficPSX soon.

RealTraffic is impressive. Congratulations!

Cheers,

Garry, I'm glad to hear that, thanks for looking into this!

Cheers

- Balt
Is the developer of Xview able to have a look into the traffic generation issue too?
G'day Balt,

Firstly, thanks so much for this brilliant add-on.

I had a thought/suggestion that I wanted comment on.

When operating close to a major airport, RealTraffic is picking up (understandably) aircraft on the ground near to my location. Sometimes to the extent that almost all the 7 `slots' available for injection to PSX are taken up with ground traffic. It may mean that aircraft on final approach to my rwy will not display (or only at the last minute) when I am at the holding point.

Just wondering if an option to filter out ground aircraft (possibly those below some nominal groundspeed value) could be included when building the list of aircraft to be injected?? I do appreciate that the scenery generator people will want to have ground aircraft included hence my suggestion of it being a selectable filter.

thanks again for your hard work
Scud
Hi scud

Indeed that's why originally I filtered out ground traffic. I'll make it a selectable option in the next release.

Cheers

Balt

« Last edit by Garry Richards on Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:42:54 +0000. »
For others following this thread, the current version of TrafficPSX has a condition that prevents it responding to external traffic inputs so you still won't see traffic in FSX if Balt provides an update to RealTraffic.

When I have tested any updates to RealTraffic and made the required changes to TrafficPSX I will release an update to TrafficPSX.

Hi Balt,

thanks for considering that filter. Much appreciated!

chrs
Scud. 8)
I've just started using Real Traffic, connected to PSX and no external visuals. When I'm near an airport planes keep flying at me and turning away at the last minute. They're not showing up on the RT display. Have I set something incorrectly within PSX? M
Hi Garry and Balt!

Aaaah, yep, I had thought about the "slot" problem: an aircraft shouldn't jump from slot to slot! RealTraffic is amazing, but, of course, when moving, the other "closest aircraft" seems to always become slot #1... leading to (sometimes) traffic rushing through the windshield at an incredible speed (!), as #1 isn't the same (real) aircraft, as (maybe) #1 and #2 have been swapped...
Hope you can sort it out, Balt! Looks like Garry's logic to "stick" an aircraft to its slot will be fine...
Hi guys,

indeed, that's been on the todo list for a while... I'll get to that soon I hope!

Cheers

- Balt
Hello chaps,

I've implemented a traffic filter allowing you to either select to show air, ground or both traffic, or to automatically select based on TAS. If TAS > 30 kts, air traffic will be displayed, else ground traffic.

I hope that scratches most of your itchings in the interim... still working on maintaining the same slot for the same traffic for the PSX injection.

Cheers

- Balt
Hi Balt,

Choices, choices, thank you very much.

Regards,

Frans
Great stuff mate.

Thanks again for implementing.

Scud.
This is a fantastic addon. It may seem like something simple but I'm getting a real kick out of seeing those blips on my screen and knowing that they're real aircraft! Thank you :)
Hi Balt,

I have come rather late to this party.

I have downloaded RealTraffic.jar but when I run it I get a msg saying it is not connected to the internet and bombs out. Are there some installation instructions somewhere for setting ip addresses etc?

Mike
Well, you do require an active internet connection, otherwise it can't fetch traffic. By bombing out, do you mean it crashes? Or does it tell you it doesn't have anything useful to contribute as you appear to be not connected?

In other news, I just tried connecting from here as well and received the same error. Looks like perhaps the data servers are having a problem. Let me know if it persists.

Cheers

- Balt
« Last edit by Balt on Wed, 06 May 2015 17:31:02 +0000. »

Page: « < ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software